• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 3 2012 discussion (I have the qp)

Reaction score
ok this would be yr mark out of 200

If I take 38/40 in paper 1 (57)
If I take 33/40 in paper 6 (33)
If I take 60/80 in paper 3 (75)

U get 165/200 with these results which is like a definite A*.....coz I think anything above 145/150 would be an A* as this year the paper was waayyy harder than the previous years.....
I got 163/200 and I hope I get an A* as well :)
I wish all of us get A*...also I'd be happy with A...it's good grade too...
But english I really messed up aloooooooooooooooot in listening....I will be happy if I get an A or B..so happy...wbu?

Reaction score
But english I really messed up aloooooooooooooooot in listening....I will be happy if I get an A or B..so happy...wbu?

I didnt take english XD so yeah....I am fine with an A but I would like an A* :)

Reaction score

do u wanna discuss chemistry? Like on that website like day before?

Reaction score
I didnt take english XD so yeah....I am fine with an A but I would like an A* :)
I don't take ict but if u got the chance to send me the paper of ict(for my friends)...I'd appreciate it..!!

Reaction score
I have the question paper ppl, so if anyone has any doubts on how they did on certain questions, then they can post what they remember and I can repost the exact question to see if u ppl got it right :)

Just post questions/doubts/answers anything about physics paper 3 or 6 :D
what about question 1 ,2 and 7 ????

Reaction score
each lightning stroke....u get 375000W per stroke and since they ask in energy I changed it into J and Im pretty sure thats the only way u can do it.....because if u take 120 seconds then the question is asking for each stroke of lighting.....so Im not really sure.....
Hi I dont think you understood my question, I did it the same way as you but instead of multiplying by one I multiplied by 120 and this is because this was the only time given in the question and it never took 1 second for each stroke. Secondly, the beta particles one, shouldn't the beta particles move in the opposite way as they are electrons and we shud use conventional (which is the opposite of beta movement) Ty :D I hope u don't get angry because I argue with u :)

Reaction score
Hi I dont think you understood my question, I did it the same way as you but instead of multiplying by one I multiplied by 120 and this is because this was the only time given in the question and it never took 1 second for each stroke. Secondly, the beta particles one, shouldn't the beta particles move in the opposite way as they are electrons and we shud use conventional (which is the opposite of beta movement) Ty :D I hope u don't get angry because I argue with u :)

I dont ususally get angry lol....yes the beta particles one I know I did it wrong on the papaer :) yes that is flow of like beta particles so current is in the opposite direction...., but the lightning one, it cannot be *120 as that is the time interval between 2 lightning strikes....and the question was asking for the energy transfered in each lightning strike....but I see what u r trying to get at....we should ask others......:)

Reaction score
I dont ususally get angry lol....yes the beta particles one I know I did it wrong on the papaer :) yes that is flow of like beta particles so current is in the opposite direction...., but the lightning one, it cannot be *120 as that is the time interval between 2 lightning strikes....and the question was asking for the energy transfered in each lightning strike....but I see what u r trying to get at....we should ask others......:)

I'm an "other", I multiplied it by 120 because we don't know how long each lightning strike lasted, so we multiply by the interval as that is equivalent to the total energy of one strike!!!

Reaction score
who said that i tolld you its 1secont i did varient 2....32 which this exam is nothing acoording to that

Reaction score
who said that i tolld you its 1secont i did varient 2....32 which this exam is nothing acoording to that
Who was talking to u????? Lol this is very funny u come from nowhere to talk as if I was talking to u. Btw in all of the examination variant 1 is usually harder because it is known that the people who do variant one r the smartest

Reaction score
I agree that it only give 120 seconds, but it says that is the interval between 2 strikes, not how long the strike lasts, i mean a lightning strike which last for 120 seconds kinda seems unreal....

Reaction score
I agree that it only give 120 seconds, but it says that is the interval between 2 strikes, not how long the strike lasts, i mean a lightning strike which last for 120 seconds kinda seems unreal....
on wikipedia it says that it takes 30 microseconds exactly for a lightning to strike lol

Reaction score
u might be right coz energy builds up in the 120 seconds and then releases it with each lightning strike....but then again the lenght of the strike tells us howmuch energy it posseses as usual....
who cares :p the exam ended anyway :D