• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 3, harder than hard

Reaction score
I am expecting between 55-65. I couldn't do the last part of the light bulb and fuses (4) marks. I also couldn't recognize the correct wave, CD. I gave CE. I am hoping marks for explanation though. Because the explanation is same. Refraction takes place in less denser medium ( shallow water), smaller wavelength. What do you guys reckon the grade threshold will be ? I am hoping for it to be 45 or 48. :( I got 2 marks wrong in paper 1. Hoping for the best in paper 6.

Reaction score
Power dissipated 180 :|. Dude I don't thing thats right. The current was 0.75 A. They asked for power dissipated in ONE LAMP. The power in one lamp was 6 volts. 40 lamps- 240 volts. In series voltage is shared, so yeah.

Reaction score
Power dissipated 180 :|. Dude I don't thing thats right. The current was 0.75 A. They asked for power dissipated in ONE LAMP. The power in one lamp was 6 volts. 40 lamps- 240 volts. In series voltage is shared, so yeah.
then im not sure :p

Reaction score
I think it was 4.5 volts :) That what I gave. if you multiply 4.5 x 40= 180V . Thats the total power dissipated. I might just get more than 61. (6).
im really nt sure abt anything in the paper...
what arrows u put for the electric field one i didn't get that question at all :(
so i just put some arrows going upwards (random guess)

Reaction score
I got that one wrong. Its gonna be arrows going inwards. if it was positive, then it would have been outwards. This paper didn't give us the time to review back. Don't know this, okay fine, MOVE ON!

Reaction score
I think it was 4.5 volts :) That what I gave. if you multiply 4.5 x 40= 180V . Thats the total power dissipated. I might just get more than 61. (6).
dude its POWER dessicipated .. how r u measuring it in volts ?

Reaction score
I got that one wrong. Its gonna be arrows going inwards. if it was positive, then it would have been outwards. This paper didn't give us the time to review back. Don't know this, okay fine, MOVE ON!
what abt the second wave question?
i just put the depth of the water became level throughout or something like that....
some guys in my class said to tilt the tank....didn't make sense to me though