• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS PAPER 4 (ATP) DISSCUSSION

Reaction score
The paper was too easy. I enjoyed doing this Paper 4..i mean..it's different when you know all the answers. :D According to me, I haven't lost any marks. We just have to confirm our answers in some hours. :)

Reaction score
Shiki Misaki said:
The paper was too easy. I enjoyed doing this Paper 4..i mean..it's different when you know all the answers. :D According to me, I haven't lost any marks. We just have to confirm our answers in some hours. :)
goood luck :)

Reaction score
can someone give me the rating for graph plottin!!..
i mean..
it is :
2 marks for good scale
1 mark for plotting
1 mark for joining the graph???
[ 4 marks]

Reaction score
Depletion said:
i mean..
it is :
2 marks for good scale
1 mark for plotting
[ 4 marks]

1 mark =correct scale ( a scale which makes the graph line / curve to be plotted 3/4 th of the entire graph )
1 mark =labeling the x-axis and y-axis (with units mentioned e.g distance/cm , time/s )
1 mark =plotting the points on correct position
1 mark = making a smooth curve / best fit line ( not too thick and hairy )

Reaction score
UxaiR said:
Depletion said:
i mean..
it is :
2 marks for good scale
1 mark for plotting
[ 4 marks]

1 mark =correct scale ( a scale which makes the graph line / curve to be plotted 3/4 th of the entire graph )
1 mark =labeling the x-axis and y-axis (with units mentioned e.g distance/cm , time/s )
1 mark =plotting the points on correct position
1 mark = making a smooth curve / best fit line ( not too thick and hairy )

thX mate!!!..

Reaction score
i guess now its ok...we can discuss freely!!>.
yea,wat was the answer for the heater which cannot heat the water above 60 degree???
{nothing to do with heat losss} rite???
somthing with the heater itself?!??? its paper 4 physics!!!
all answers which make sense are accepted...

Reaction score
Depletion said:
yea,wat was the answer for the heater which cannot heat the water above 60 degree???
I wrote that THE THERMOMETER is out of range,,,,,,
Because in the diagram they have shown that at room temperature (20 C) the theremometer was already registering half of its lenght :p

So maybe it would have a range of only 60 degrees : :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
usama1993 said:
Depletion said:
I wrote that THE THERMOMETER is out of range,,,,,,
Because in the diagram they have shown that at room temperature (20 C) the theremometer was already registering half of its lenght :p

So maybe it would have a range of only 60 degrees : :D :D :D :D

yepss sounds good!!!..
i put something like the heater had not enough power to generate heat temperature that would raise the temp of the water above 60*!
:/

Reaction score
yes as this was of " suggest " there would be many logical answers accepted :)

usama firstly was it mentioned on the question that on the diagram it is room temperatue , if yes then your answer is correct
depletion answers seem's to be correct :)

i wrote that the temperature of water and the temperature of heater becomes equal at 60'C (they both were in thermal equlibrium)

Reaction score
i only have problems in question 1

(1)how dld we know that the d=d ?
(2)where to put our eye in fig 1.1
(3)to show that D and T were inversly proportional
(4) why did not we take d = less than 15 ?
(5) how to calculate ossilations properly

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3 KB · Views: 55
Reaction score
For the 60 degrees thingy, i wrote that it was because the reaction is exothermic and therefore resulted in a heat loss to the surroundings, causing temperature not to rise above 60. :S

@member: You may have noticed that there was 2 metre rules; one at the bottom and one above.
(1) So for your first question, the answer should be 'The readings on both metre rules should be the same.'
(2) Not in fig 1.1 but in fig 1.2. Well, the eye should be placed perpendicular to the clamp.
(3) As time increases, distance decreases. Therefore D is inversely proportional to T.
(4) If d is less than 15, then the time taken for the rotation to take place would have been less, So, there would be a greater percentage error in the experiment.
(5) In the question, it stated 'rotations'. Not oscillations. It is more likely the same. So, a set of rotations(20) is allowed to take place and then a mean value is calculated. 1 rotation= 20/T !

Reaction score
Shiki Misaki said:
For the 60 degrees thingy, i wrote that it was because the reaction is exothermic and therefore resulted in a heat loss, causing temperature not to rise above 60. :S

@member: You may have noticed that there was 2 metre rules; one at the bottom and one above.
(1) So for your first question, the answer should be 'The readings on both metre rules should be the same.'
(2) Not in fig 1.1 but in fig 1.2. Well, the eye should be placed perpendicular to the clamp.
(3) As time increases, distance decreases. Therefore D is inversely proportional to T.
(4) If d is less than 15, then the time taken for the rotation to take place would have been less, So, there would be a greater percentage error in the experiment.
(5) In the question, it stated 'rotations'. Not oscillations. It is more likely the same. So, a set of rotations(20) is allowed to take place and then a mean value is calculated. 1 rotation= 20/T !

for (3)
u shud show that the product dT is a constant...
and for (4)
actually when distance increases time decreases
so if u decrease the distance d so time will obviously increase...the rule B would not have rotated smoothly and reproducibly or u could say it would take too long for it to rotate...

Reaction score
and for the question on temperature...i wrote
because the electrical heater had a low power rating and could not supply more energy to heat up the water beyond 60 degrees celsius...

Reaction score
In my questionnaire, for (3), i wrote that when time increases, distance decreases but when thinking about it now, i guess that I've made a mistake there. :S

Reaction score
Abhiyash said:
Shiki Misaki said:
For the 60 degrees thingy, i wrote that it was because the reaction is exothermic and therefore resulted in a heat loss, causing temperature not to rise above 60. :S

for (3)
u shud show that the product dT is a constant...
and for (4)
actually when distance increases time decreases
so if u decrease the distance d so time will obviously increase...the rule B would not have rotated smoothly and reproducibly or u could say it would take too long for it to rotate...

I guess all my answers are correct here, except for the temperature thingy. Just a 'lil bit confused. :S :S

Edit>> @ Abhiyash: For the fourth one, the rotation would have taken less time and not 'too long for it to rotate' !