• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 5 tips

Reaction score
Reaction score
for error in gradient line its normally the gradient of best fit-gradient of worst acceptable...but can it be reverse???i.e, can it be worst acceptable -best fit in any case???

Reaction score
can anyone plz help me on how to draw the worst fit line in the graph ?
simply,first draw the error bars on all the points of best fit line,then join the highest error of the first point to the lowest error of the last point..worst fit line is ready!!

Reaction score
As a method of analyzing data,can a table of raw data collected be given???? will it be considered as additional details??? coz there are many questions where the independent and dependent variables are derived or cannot be collected directly from the experiment that is expected to design.. consequently,can a table be given showing headings to collect and process the raw data????? will i be penalized??

Reaction score
Is it acceptable to write the answer to question one in bullet forms, under the specific headings? ( defining the problem, methods of data collection etc).

Reaction score
Is it acceptable to write the answer to question one in bullet forms, under the specific headings? ( defining the problem, methods of data collection etc).

u mean dividing the ans under those categories?
well, that's the way iv been taught...n i think that as long as u cover all the points, its fine.. :p
Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz

Reaction score
As a method of analyzing data,can a table of raw data collected be given???? will it be considered as additional details??? coz there are many questions where the independent and dependent variables are derived or cannot be collected directly from the experiment that is expected to design.. consequently,can a table be given showing headings to collect and process the raw data????? will i be penalized??

i think that falls under the observation category. u can make an observation table to show the recorded and calculated values. i dont think they will penalize u for this.
under additional details u can always show how u were able to fit the given equation to y = mx + c
that is, sometimes u have to take logarithm of the equation for it to match y = mx + c
i dont think the table will be considered as additional detail.

Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz

Reaction score
for error in gradient line its normally the gradient of best fit-gradient of worst acceptable...but can it be reverse???i.e, can it be worst acceptable -best fit in any case???

yes it can.
becoz as it is the error is written with a +/- sign b4 it.
so that makes no diff.
Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz

Reaction score
Reaction score
I am not sure but if it was even acceptable.The examiner will mark those points under only that specific heading only so I recommend to write in paragraphs with no headings so each point where ever mentioned is considered.

Reaction score
i think that falls under the observation category. u can make an observation table to show the recorded and calculated values. i dont think they will penalize u for this.
under additional details u can always show how u were able to fit the given equation to y = mx + c
that is, sometimes u have to take logarithm of the equation for it to match y = mx + c
i dont think the table will be considered as additional detail.

Hope i helped.
All credit to Nibz
"observation" category mean data collection thingy????