• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 6 help

Reaction score
in the first question.. simply draw a metre rule and the pivot must be pointing on the middle of the ruler and load Q place it at the right of the ruler ..
2nd question.. using a set square.. place it under the ruler to male sure the ruler is horizontal

Good luck

Reaction score
srry i cant give u a diagram but, in the first one u have to draw a straight line on the pivot, which inclines on one side and there should be Load Q on the side which is inclined.

Reaction score
make sure u draw it accurately with scale. 1 cm for each 10 cm. thats how my teacher told me to do it.

Reaction score
okay wat about the values? how far away should it be ? i really dont understand this question......

Reaction score
okay, so it should it be 5cm to left and 5 to right... then does the size of the load Q matter? as they say they gave clues to its diameter? and then i should draw it on the right , with 3.45 cm to the right of the pivot? does this seem right?

Edit, please tell me if this is right

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
okay, so it should it be 5cm to left and 5 to right... then does the size of the load Q matter? as they say they gave clues to its diameter? and then i should draw it on the right , with 3.45 cm to the right of the pivot? does this seem right?

Edit, please tell me if this is right
what you've done is right.

Reaction score
thanks alot , what about second question , the mark scheme says nothing about placing blocks ....
please help.

Reaction score
well, its almost the same but instead of the straight line u have to show the ruler with marks on it and the middle of the load should be on the 84.2 cm mark. dont forget to label too.