• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 62 discussion!!!!

Reaction score
question was asking suggested distance on the same size of paper.If u noticed there was a wasteful amount of space left b/w the pin and the boundary of the paper...so if i were to carry out the experiment i would extend the distance b/w the pins until one of them reaches the boundary and that distance was 5cm.This would increase the accuracy of the experiment without having any effect on the rays i.e angle of incidence and emergence would be unchanged.I dunno if its correct but its favoured by the majority.

Reaction score
ChantooPantoo said:
thick sheet of paper and lid for the temp question...correct?
and the ammeter one, i think its ok to put the variable resistor anywhere b4 the ammeter ryt?
one more thing..the suggested length for the ray trace sheet was 5cm na? :bad:

the paper is right bt lid is wrong cz they asked fr insulating material..
the variable resistor cn b placed anywer in d circuit according 2 me bt juz nt between A&D...

even i wrote the suggested length as 5cm.. :Bravo: :D .. its mostly right.

Reaction score
lid is an insulator u cant deny that...
lid is a material too..cant contradict this statement either.
then how come lid is not an insulating material? someone enlighten me wid dis !~@!#! plz?

Reaction score
ChantooPantoo said:
question was asking suggested distance on the same size of paper.If u noticed there was a wasteful amount of space left b/w the pin and the boundary of the paper...so if i were to carry out the experiment i would extend the distance b/w the pins until one of them reaches the boundary and that distance was 5cm.This would increase the accuracy of the experiment without having any effect on the rays i.e angle of incidence and emergence would be unchanged.I dunno if its correct but its favoured by the majority.

Did you do it by map scale thingy ??!!
I did it at frst buh thn at the last 5 mins it jst struk ma mind that if the size of the ray sheet changes , why shud the distance of the pins change??
nywz im still confused :p

Reaction score
lid isnt exactly a material.. u hav 2 specify, like maybe a wooden lid or something...

however, this is juz wat i think it may be right also.. :unknown: :unknown:

hopefully it will b right.. :D

Reaction score
freakedout said:
ChantooPantoo said:

Did you do it by map scale thingy ??!!
I did it at frst buh thn at the last 5 mins it jst struk ma mind that if the size of the ray sheet changes , why shud the distance of the pins change??
nywz im still confused :p

i wrote 5cm.. the reason i gave was that since the pins r further apart u can c the base more clearly and so the readings will b mre accurate.

im nt quite sure if my reasoning is right.

Reaction score
OMG !!! i wrote 6cm for the pins ... is it correct ????
caz i saw in the answer scheme it always said more than 5cm for the pins :cry:

Reaction score
memo001 said:
could some 1 tell me plz how much the A would be in paper 6 and paper 1? :)
I think 32 for paper 1 and paper 6 or maybe 35 in both or atleast above 32 33!!!
Not sure though! could somebody plz temme if i am right!!!

Reaction score
The distance for the pins is suggest, and I think any answe above 5 cm is correct as they always say in the mark scheme T least 5 cm, I put it 5.5 lol

Reaction score
Kokeeto said:
The distance for the pins is suggest, and I think any answe above 5 cm is correct as they always say in the mark scheme T least 5 cm, I put it 5.5 lol
Thats weird...5.5 would go out of the paper if scale method is used and I dont think there was any other method to do that question..correct me if i m wrong :)