• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Well, past papers do help a lot. I guess just redo and DONT forget to read the book. Textbook is really helpful. Pastpapers alone do nothing.

I doubt I have enough time to redo the past years again but I am planning to go through the questions I have done, the ones I don't fully understand and get my knowledge back hopefully, early on tonight. Are you ready for the paper tomorrow? :)

Reactions: asd
Reaction score
Any body have all the relationships between quantities of double slits like what happens to brightness and other aspects when a quantity in the equation of double slit is increased or decreased?

asd

Reaction score
I doubt I have enough time to redo the past years again but I am planning to go through the questions I have done, the ones I don't fully understand and get my knowledge back hopefully, early on tonight. Are you ready for the paper tomorrow? :)
Yes, I guess. :)

Reaction score
Its AD aunty :mad:
ms mein unhon ne BD se nikaal k usay 12 mein se minus kia hai.... *dumasses they cie people* -_-
acha one more thing about the same question ... y don't we take into acount the resistance of the wire (10 ohm) like BD mein sirf length ki ratio q letey hain?? resistance b use nahi karein gay??

asd

Reaction score
Any body have all the relationships between quantities of double slits like what happens to brightness and other aspects when a quantity in the equation of double slit is increased or decreased?
No quantity in the equation affects the brightness. Its the intensity that does.

Reaction score
ms mein unhon ne BD se nikaal k usay 12 mein se minus kia hai.... *dumasses they cie people* -_-
acha one more thing about the same question ... y don't we take into acount the resistance of the wire (10 ohm) like BD mein sirf length ki ratio q letey hain?? resistance b use nahi karein gay??
well v is directly proportinal to R which is directly proportional to length

asd

Reaction score
We do consider the resistance. Multiply the ratio of length by the resistance. Thats what I did ig.

Reaction score
syed1995 and A star
now u both better give us some answers because main ne bohaat mshkil se dhoonda hai ye question!!

Since there is same current in R and C.. We will use the formula .. P=IV .. I being constant P is directly proportional to V.

Now since the pd across C is larger than pd across R. The power will be greater at C than R.

Hope you get it.

asd

Reaction score
what happenes if we use bright light me do we have to mention k brightness waghaira does not increase or just that light will diff
You use a bright light (that is with higher intensity) Fringes are going to be brighter. and its always advisable to make a comment that there will be no effect on the fringe separation.

Reaction score
You use a bright light (that is with higher intensity) Fringes are going to be brighter. and its always advisable to make a comment that there will be no effect on the fringe separation.

Nor will there be a difference at the brightness of the dark fringes. Only Bright fringes intensity increases.

Reactions: asd
Reaction score
y
Since there is same current in R and C.. We will use the formula .. P=IV .. I being constant P is directly proportional to V.

Now since the pd across C is larger than pd across R. The power will be greater at C than R.

Hope you get it.
eah i got it :)

Reaction score
What about June 2004 paper 2, question on the wave fronts on fig 6.1, how do we know where to draw the line in the figure for the destructive and constructive interference, I know its where the two diffracted waves intersect but which ones are destructive and constructive?

asd

Reaction score
What about June 2004 paper 2, question on the wave fronts on fig 6.1, how do we know where to draw the line in the figure for the destructive and constructive interference, I know its where the two diffracted waves intersect but which ones are destructive and constructive?
Constuctive where they intersect, and destructive just draw a line through where one of the waves' wavefronts are exactly in between the wavefronts of the other.
) . ) Like this if you get it lol

Reaction score
Nor will there be a difference at the brightness of the dark fringes. Only Bright fringes intensity increases.

Yes because anyway the amplitudes of the interfering waves are equal in magnitude but 180 degrees phase so any how they cancel each other out, and yes only bright fringes gets brighter

Reaction score
Yes. You got it right.

If we increase the intensity of ones of the slits in a double slit experiment while the other remains constant.. both the dark and bright fringes will become brighter yeah?