• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 57652

View attachment 57653

can someone pls explain this to me?? i got the first one because when S1 is open, no current flows... but i dont get the rest..
TIA :)

Just remember to use P=v^2/R or P=I^2/R when its asks for power dissipated.
also remember that every resistor are the same so they all have the value of 38.4 ohms
Resistor in Series are added while Resistor in parallel are inversed than added.
and also know that current prefers the least resistive path... such in case of ( Closed Closed Open).

Now try to solve it by yourself . If you cannot understand than feel free to contact.

Reaction score
Just remember to use P=v^2/R or P=I^2/R when its asks for power dissipated.
also remember that every resistor are the same so they all have the value of 38.4 ohms
Resistor in Series are added while Resistor in parallel are inversed than added.
and also know that current prefers the least resistive path... such in case of ( Closed Closed Open).

Now try to solve it by yourself . If you cannot understand than feel free to contact.

yep i kinda got it.. thnx :)

Reaction score
Can someone explain this to me please
''For the greatest efficiency the external resistance must be much greater than the internal resistance of the cell. However, for the maximum power to be delivered to the external circuit the internal resistance must be equal to the resistance of the external circuit, although the cell will only be 50% efficient.''
Why should the cell be 50% efficient but not fully efficient please?

Reaction score
20151120_102112 (2).jpg When strain is increased,it implies that length decreases according to strain=extension/length
when length decreases,resistance also decrease according resistance=resistivityXlength/area,right?
Then how come the answer is E?Maybe i can't understand the question itself.Help please!!
Thanks in advance :)