• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
you are correct. the frequency increases. thats the correct answer
in the question related to doppler effect , even though the source was going far from the observer but its velocity was decreasing .. when we considered till 8s as mentioned in question. so should'nt the frequency increase

Reaction score
PLZ HELP ME
i got an A overall in AS
but a B in p3
n in MCQs i got an A but m sure it was a close one
my theory went fine...ill get an 80 or above that
but i messed up my p5
i might get 21 or 22
can i still get an A*?
Zaki ali asghar Holmes haithsoul Error Syntax guys plz help
The minimum marks you had in AS were 88, but you must have gotten more as the threshold was for P2 was quite low. Now if you get even 80 and 22, thats an easy A* hopefully. Makes the total around 190.

Reaction score
for p52, could the expression for gradient have been Cln(E/(E-V)) almost everyone wrote -Cln(1-(V/E)) but aren't these both same?

Reaction score
If anyone has the questions for P2, do send it so I can send the correct answers for you all to check. I have forgotten a few of the questions.

Reaction score
The 2nd question was straight forward for people who did lots of those types of questions and who learnt from their mistakes, however personally I found the first question difficult as I have never encountered such question but I think I’ll probably get 10/15 on that question and overall 23/30 due to significant figures which were incorrect. Overall an average paper. This is paper 51

Reaction score
guys in the doppler effect question.....i used - instead of + (automatically meaning my final answer and the next part of the questions are wrong) so total of 5...how many marks will i lose? And one more doubt, i didnt round my values (because i solved fm18 yesterday and the ms accepted unrounded answers) so is it fine?
You would lose both marks for that part since your formula/working would be incorrect and your final answer too. For the next question, you would also lose the mark unless you somehow said that the observed frequency would increase(the correct answer). Even if you wrote that observed frequency would increase, your explanation for it would be incorrect(it was a state and explain Q), so it unlikely that you would get a mark for it. So you would lose 3 in total. You can lose 2 marks at max for not using the right no. of significant figures. You lose 1 mark if you got significant figures incorrect a few times, and you would lose 2 if you got the no. of significant incorrect frequently.