• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics practical grams or kg?

Reaction score
p was equal to the gradient you calculated while q was equal to ur value of y-intercept

and btw ppl, anyone who calculated the y-intercept from the equation of y=mx + c, then its really not possible for ur gradients to be positive since a positive gradient would give a negative y-intercept and the y-intercept obviously wasn't negative since there were no negative values used in the graph ;)
i used the equation cause i didnt start the y axis at 0 and still got a positive intercept

Reaction score
used metres and grams!
gradient was 0.0388
y-intercept was 4.98 * 10^-4

i just messed up in the second question, where you had to take the diameters of the cup and the bowl, i just took it once, whereas you had to take it twice or thrice from different sides.
% uncertanity was 2.4 %
the relationship was wrong!

and Alhamdulillah my paper went awesome! :D
i was so scared because i messed up chemistry alotttt.. i left soo much! anyways i just hope th gt is very very low!

Reaction score
used metres and grams!
gradient was 0.0388
y-intercept was 4.98 * 10^-4

i just messed up in the second question, where you had to take the diameters of the cup and the bowl, i just took it once, whereas you had to take it twice or thrice from different sides.
% uncertanity was 2.4 %
the relationship was wrong!

and Alhamdulillah my paper went awesome! :D
i was so scared because i messed up chemistry alotttt.. i left soo much! anyways i just hope th gt is very very low!
If your %age was 2.4% then the relationship was true ! :D

Reaction score
p was equal to the gradient you calculated while q was equal to ur value of y-intercept

and btw ppl, anyone who calculated the y-intercept from the equation of y=mx + c, then its really not possible for ur gradients to be positive since a positive gradient would give a negative y-intercept and the y-intercept obviously wasn't negative since there were no negative values used in the graph ;)
lol whats that logic y intercept will always be positive if on x=0 y >0 and starts inc and thats not necessary at a time both can be positive and negative like value starting from negative y and starts decreasing or from positive y starts increasing...

Reaction score
lol whats that logic y intercept will always be positive if on x=0 y >0 and starts inc and thats not necessary at a time both can be positive and negative like value starting from negative y and starts decreasing or from positive y starts increasing...
a positive gradient means that after substituting it and multiplying it with x in the equation, u'll obv get a positive answer. But after u shift this value to the other side with the value of y, this will become negative.....which means ur answer after subtracting it from y will be negative most prolly, but the y-intercept can't be negative :D

lets just leave this gradient issue already.....it can't be helped now :)