• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics unit 1 6PH01 discussion :)

Reaction score
It was ok , deffo better than the jan 2013 paper. I hated the multiple choice in this one though. Will there be an unofficial mark scheme sooner or later?

Reaction score
It was ok , deffo better than the jan 2013 paper. I hated the multiple choice in this one though. Will there be an unofficial mark scheme sooner or later?
it was better than the previous session..but my friends were not even able to finish it ontime...girls at my centre were crying there asses off....
is everyone done with the paper so we can discuss it..im really desperate to knoe the answers :p

Reaction score
everyone at my centre ran out of time and i loss quite alot of marks :( ...it wasnt hard though...and dear Edexcel,I HATE YOU!!!!....coz last year's June phy paper 1 was SOOO..... easy and i finished it on time...why am i soooo... unlucky??? :cry:

Reaction score
Yeah it was lengthy but thank god there wasn't like a 6 mark question , hate those haha. Come on you start , what answers do you want to compare :)?

Reaction score
everyone at my centre ran out of time and i loss quite alot of marks :( ...it wasnt hard though...and dear Edexcel,I HATE YOU!!!!....coz last year's June phy paper 1 was SOOO..... easy and i finished it on time...why am i soooo... unlucky??? :cry:
Why did you repeat it this year if last years was so easy and you finished it on time :p?

Reaction score
Everyone at my school thought it was relatively hard compared to the last few papers, I messed up bad in the accelerometer question (couldn't prove the acceleration) and the suggestions following it, like why it couldn't be horizontal or why phones have 3 at right angles to each other. That was mainly the question I messed up in, also the rollercoaster question to calculate power I used suvat equation to get the final velocity and then substitued into the power equation, Idk if that's how it was supposed to be done or not. The explanation for rollback for me I just talked about increased KE and how power is not enough to take it to the top so idk if that's right either

Reaction score
ofcourse...haha..if i did it last year and got an A...i would be crazy to repeat..
y u repeating????
i swear june 12 was like a piece of cake..i actually got an A and then this is the first time im giving...it was the shittiest effin paper i would have ever ever solved :(

Reaction score
Everyone at my school thought it was relatively hard compared to the last few papers, I messed up bad in the accelerometer question (couldn't prove the acceleration) and the suggestions following it, like why it couldn't be horizontal or why phones have 3 at right angles to each other. That was mainly the question I messed up in, also the rollercoaster question to calculate power I used suvat equation to get the final velocity and then substitued into the power equation, Idk if that's how it was supposed to be done or not. The explanation for rollback for me I just talked about increased KE and how power is not enough to take it to the top so idk if that's right either
For the rollback I mentioned and talked about resultant force = mass*acceleration :/

Reaction score
Yeah it was lengthy but thank god there wasn't like a 6 mark question , hate those haha. Come on you start , what answers do you want to compare :)?
soo yes...here we go...
wat was the CO2 emision???
wat was the horizontal distance covered by the ball???
wat was the time taken for energy question???
actually all the calculation part...i need answers!! :p im way tooooo scared...