• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 1 AS Levels Help. [15 January Exam]

Reaction score
omg yes! they should be! umm what were ur answers for the horizontal vertical distance thingy?? and for the volcano question? i had huge probs wid the last two qs.. :/ i really hope for lower gt than may 13! :D
what do you think about this paper when conpared to may 13? same or harder?
the way i see it,this paper was actually a bit easy than the may13 paper.Those 11marks(that spring constant experiment nd the advantages of video-camera over stopwatch) were pretty easy to get! That is what i'm worried abt! If the grade boundary increase due to this! I screwed up in drawing those graphs!,vector diagrams etc :| Can't actually remember the vertical distance now,bt for the lava,i mentioned abt the shape of the two volcanoes,the viscosity from the graph nd thus the viscous drag in them! Anyone did that mountain problem? question no 11? i mentioned 20 degree as sin 20 is less than sin 30! So less force needed.(dnt know if this is true)

Reaction score
the way i see it,this paper was actually a bit easy than the may13 paper.Those 11marks(that spring constant experiment nd the advantages of video-camera over stopwatch) were pretty easy to get! That is what i'm worried abt! If the grade boundary increase due to this! I screwed up in drawing those graphs!,vector diagrams etc :| Can't actually remember the vertical distance now,bt for the lava,i mentioned abt the shape of the two volcanoes,the viscosity from the graph nd thus the viscous drag in them! Anyone did that mountain problem? question no 11? i mentioned 20 degree as sin 20 is less than sin 30! So less force needed.(dnt know if this is true)
this was my first ever Edexcel exam ...... yeah the spring question was easy.... vector diagram i did it it was not tricky .... question 11 i just mentioned the sin 30 something n i left it for end but the time was over :/

Reaction score
well the orher questions were not thAt straightforward!! :/ so dont think they will increase.. and i said the same for no 11! the lava thing too same said ... whata bout the iceberg q?

Reaction score
this was my first ever Edexcel exam ...... yeah the spring question was easy.... vector diagram i did it it was not tricky .... question 11 i just mentioned the sin 30 something n i left it for end but the time was over :/
hey how was 18?? the last question?? and the materials question?? did u answer everything in the paper?? and the mcqs.. tricky too.. wbu??

Reaction score
why they have to bring in weird stuff :/ :/ can't they just follow previous past papers pattern ........
Physics Unit-1 totally changed from Jan-13 bro.Consider that Einstien box problem-lift(jan-13) ....that Co2 emmision from may-13 nd finally this stupid mountain math!!! 4 marks wasted me 8minutes!!! I wonder who makes the paper!

Reaction score
Physics Unit-1 totally changed from Jan-13 bro.Consider that Einstien box problem-lift(jan-13) ....that Co2 emmision from may-13 nd finally this stupid mountain math!!! 4 marks wasted me 8minutes!!! I wonder who makes the paper!
true.. seriously totally screwed up ppl!

Reaction score
hey how was 18?? the last question?? and the materials question?? did u answer everything in the paper?? and the mcqs.. tricky too.. wbu??
yeah in last 5mins i attempted the shitty question .. It was easy the first two pages ....the vector diagram n that upthrust question ...but last two pages i was not sure at all about the table ...n i had no time to finish the density volume iceberg thing !!!!
yeah after 20mins I was still on MCQ's this paper should be for 1hour 45mins atleast .......otherwise the paper was good

Reaction score
actually the mountain question was not hard ... you just need lil more time to complete it!!!

Reaction score
yeah in last 5mins i attempted the shitty question .. It was easy the first two pages ....the vector diagram n that upthrust question ...but last two pages i was not sure at all about the table ...n i had no time to finish the density volume iceberg thing !!!!
yeah after 20mins I was still on MCQ's this paper should be for 1hour 45mins atleast .......otherwise the paper was good
well same here then i realised i should do the main ones first and well went to 18 but came all the way back! that q scared me :D
and wait what mountain are u talkin about?!... #11?

Reaction score
well same here then i realised i should do the main ones first and well went to 18 but came all the way back! that q scared me :D
and wait what mountain are u talkin about?!... #11?
I left 11 yeaa I said I'll do it at the end lets finish the theory n basic stuff n i never made my way back to question11 !!!!!

Reaction score
I left 11 yeaa I said I'll do it at the end lets finish the theory n basic stuff n i never made my way back to question11 !!!!!
ah cool! i did the easy ones and then went on but i think i made mistake in horizontal vertical distance thing and the iceberg q and maybe some mcqs... and the work done value i was unsure i think it was the burj q..
what did u get?

Reaction score
ah cool! i did the easy ones and then went on but i think i made mistake in horizontal vertical distance thing and the iceberg q and maybe some mcqs... and the work done value i was unsure i think it was the burj q..
what did u get?
it was 10 to the power of something
u had to convert the KM into m

Reaction score
burj khalifa question I dd it right ....it was F=ma for part B you do 73-60 then times by 9.81 ...n blah
that question was easy but it took longgg

Reaction score
burj khalifa question I dd it right ....it was F=ma for part B you do 73-60 then times by 9.81 ...n blah
that question was easy but it took longgg
omg i was about to do that n i felt its not right! :/ wat about the last mcq? the one with the ball?

Reaction score
Anyone knows why it was listed that protractor was needed in this paper?(listed in the top of the paper) A friend of mine said you needed to find the angle of the resultant velocity? o_O