• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 2 Doubt!!!!

Reaction score
Can someone explain the last question (b) part 1 of june 2012 unit 2 phy paper please? It would be nice if an explanation is given so that I can understand hw you worked it out! Thanks! :)

Reaction score
V = E - Ir
E= 12 ( e.m.f)
I=4.30( current)
r=0.050( internal resistance)
V =? ( terminal p.d)

V= 12 -( 4.30 x 0.050)
V =11.785 V
aprrox. = 12 V

Reaction score
I have a question too regarding physics
In the past paper of June 2011 of Unit 2 of Edexcel, for question 5, why is the answer A? For NTCs, when temperature decreases, resistance increases and voltage increases, so why isn't the answer D?

Reaction score
V = E - Ir
E= 12 ( e.m.f)
I=4.30( current)
r=0.050( internal resistance)
V =? ( terminal p.d)

V= 12 -( 4.30 x 0.050)
V =11.785 V
aprrox. = 12 V

In the marking scheme, they have used 0.65 as resistance..why is that???

Reaction score
I don't know. it's supposed to be Internal resistance not resistance in the circuit. Well at-times the mark-scheme is confusing. Just use what you know.

Reaction score
I have a question too regarding physics
In the past paper of June 2011 of Unit 2 of Edexcel, for question 5, why is the answer A? For NTCs, when temperature decreases, resistance increases and voltage increases, so why isn't the answer D?

NTC is based on the relationship between Current and Resistance. You decrease the temp. , the resistance increases hence the current decreases. So the ammeter reading will decrease.

Reaction score
I don't know. it's supposed to be Internal resistance not resistance in the circuit. Well at-times the mark-scheme is confusing. Just use what you know.

Oh..so using that resistance also gives about 12, right? That's where I got confused..okay thanks!! :)