• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pk.studies geo help needed.

Reaction score
Thing is, i need help...
i just can not get the points of geography... i mean, when i am doing the papers, i think im doing awesome, and then i look at the mark schemes, and find out that i missed a lot of points...

So any suggestions on how to develop my mind so that i can answer the questions better??

Reaction score
And another thing...
wanna know that.
for example, for a 6 marks question, there are like 12 points given in the MS.
My brother, says, that if you get any of the 6 points right, you get 6 marks... is that true, or do u have to get all 12 or sumthinn....??
cuz he did get an a in geo,, and i believe him.... like i dont think anyone can get all 12 points...

Reaction score
For your first query
Try to relate things with one and another I mean if they are asking that why something is important try to combine all the chapters together and then link the correct points in the answer for e.g take this question.
Why has the percentage of the labour force working in agriculture declined sreadily in recent years ? [4]
-Firstly due to Moderanization. (Common sense)
-secondly due to the growth and development of Industries attract large number of people.
-thirdly due to pressure on land. the lands are too small to be divided among the sons of the farmer so many people leave for Urban areas.
-Urban attraction and facilities.

these are quite simple
for your second question well just keep in mind that your brother is right !! Marking Scheme list downs all the possible reasons.

Reaction score
Geo is only common sense !! just try to relate things together and don't worry as 25% of the paper will ask you to analyze or evaluate.

Reaction score
thnx man.... i was so tense today,, i marked myself 55/75 , cuz i thought i had to list down all possible reasons.... really, feel much better now...

Reaction score
Now the marking scheme it self said that it list all the points because many candidates write different points from the book so it tells us that even if we write this point it will be correct !! :)

Reaction score
yup absolutely correct mate,common sense use that and if u dont know any reason try thinking what would happen in daily life if even ur point is making sense and it is like the one in MS then u get a mark u dont really need to write exactly what the MS says. :D :D `

Reaction score
if u practicve past papers with marking scheme u will get anc A* like your brother inshallah