• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PK. Studies HELP!!

Reaction score
Hello everyone can you please help me. I am appearing for Pakistan Studies this year from Multan. Can anyone guide me on how to answer the 14 marks question
Thank you :D :cool:

Reaction score
Sure, I can help you, but just keep in mind that I got a B grade in PS.
In most of the 14 mark ques, they want you to give your own opinion. First of all you need to understand what they are asking for. You usually need to describe both positive and negative effects of the event they are asking for.

For example, take a look at this question : Was the failure of Hijrat movement the main reason for the failure of Khilafat Movement? Explain you answer.
In this type of ques you need to describe the Hijrat movement, and don't even think of trying to start the answer from the First World War. After you've described the Hijrat Movement, you'll need to write the other factors of the failure of Khilafat movement as well, and describe them briefly. In the end of the answer, you'll need to start a new paragraph and write the conclusion, i.e; what you think of the failure of the Khilafat movement.

This was just an example, but you should answer all 14 mark questions in this way.

I hope this will help you. :)

(P.S. If anyone disagrees with me on how to answer the question, please tell me.)

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum. Though i am also going to appear THIS session inshAllah, i have observed that the question usually, if not always, asks for either both sides i.e. the negative and positive sides of a story, or the importance of someone or something. In the case of importance, there are more than one factor that constitutes to that someone or something being important. So, one should briefly write the factor, and explain its importance. That way, when you have explained all, or at least 4-5 factors, you can, as Shahroz said, come up with a conclusion as to which factor contributed the most to the importance of that someone or something being important. Hope i helped.

Reaction score
Alchemist4lyf said:
Assalamualaikum. Though i am also going to appear THIS session inshAllah, i have observed that the question usually, if not always, asks for either both sides i.e. the negative and positive sides of a story, or the importance of someone or something. In the case of importance, there are more than one factor that constitutes to that someone or something being important. So, one should briefly write the factor, and explain its importance. That way, when you have explained all, or at least 4-5 factors, you can, as Shahroz said, come up with a conclusion as to which factor contributed the most to the importance of that someone or something being important. Hope i helped.

Ya you are right that they require both sides of the story...