• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Please answer..help needed!!

Reaction score
Does every country that has a British Council offers all the AL subjects shown in the CIE website?

This question might sound weird but Im curious cause Im visiting Qatar in the end of this year and wondering whether they have the subjects I do :(

these are my subjects:

Computing 9691
Biology 9700
Physics 9702

:)

Reaction score
I don't think so. Qatar's private candidate form has many subjects missing from it, including the ones you mentioned. Both for May/June and October/November session.
Private form : HERE
I have no idea if schools/colleges there provide the science subjects. Someone from Qatar may help here.

Reaction score
I don't think so. Qatar's private candidate form has many subjects missing from it, including the ones you mentioned. Both for May/June and October/November session.
Private form : HERE
I have no idea if schools/colleges there provide the science subjects. Someone from Qatar may help here.

I did contact the Qatar British Council about that issue...this was there answer:

Thank you for your interest in British Council Qatar,

Regarding your inquiry, we only offer the subjects that are shown in the form. You may wait until the registration for May/June and you may find the subjects you are requiring.

Reaction score
well I got a new reply for the recent email i sent, it was even worser than the last time!!

Here is the email I sent :

Hello,

I will be visiting Qatar as a Permanent resident in December 2012. I will be facing GCE AL on 2013, I need to know whether these subjects mentioned below are available in Qatar British Council for the May/June session. Please provide me with complete details about the subjects I'm facing and the registration dates for the May/June 2013 session.

Computing (Syllabus code: 9691) : P1, P2 , P3 & A2 project
Biology (Syllabus code: 9700) : P1, P2, P3, P4, P5
Physics (Syllabus code: 9702) : P1, P2, P3, P4, P5

Please refer to the Syllabus code of the subjects.

Regarding the Computing project, what is the deadline for the project submission? and can I submit the project directly to the Qatar British Council for marking?

I hope for a helpful answer.

Best Regards

This was there answer:

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

For subject details and syllabus please visit www.cie.org.uk
If you are appearing as a private candidate at the British Council you will not be able to do any projects, however you can do alternative course work.
Registration for your preferred session should begin in January 2013.

For further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Whats wrong with these people? :mad:

Reaction score
I guess it is clear enough from this : Regarding your inquiry, we only offer the subjects that are shown in the form.
The subjects you mentioned aren't in the form.

Reaction score
I guess it is clear enough from this : Regarding your inquiry, we only offer the subjects that are shown in the form.
The subjects you mentioned aren't in the form.

Yeah thats the only point that aleast makes sense..

I can't do it from Qatar then :(