• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION OF MATHS...ZOHAIB SHERAZI

Reaction score
THIS IS THE TRICKY OR OPTIONAL QUESTION OF AREA AND VOLUME OF SIMILAR FIGURES AND SOLIDS...I WANT SOLUTION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE....SOMEONE PLEASE SOLVE IT OR ZO I WANT SOLUTION FROM U

Reaction score
i uploaded it again the size was larger

Attachments

• IMG_0610FAF.jpg
    IMG_0610FAF.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 221
Reaction score
the last part is most difficult n from last 3 years my mathematics sir is not able to do it.....(c) part

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I wll try ...if i can answer it...if at all i get it i will post it here...by the way do u have the answers??

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
and also if u've got the answers for the first two parts...post them here...i got 50cm^2 for the first one...second still nt done :)

Reaction score
yeah the answer of first part is 50 cm^2

actually we have done this question tonight.....our sir was not able to do it for two years.....but when we did it....we got right answers.....c part was difficult and the answer of (c) part is 30 cm^2

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
so u mean question's solved already or nt yet?? and wat abt b part??

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
cuz i havent yet tried..i wz busy so if at all u got the answer then i dont need to do otherwise let me know plz :)

Reaction score
i think i got it..for b),i got 12cm^2..
for c),AP:pB is equal to 3:2 rite..then by using simple ratio,we find that the area of triangle APQ is 12cm^2..then u add this to area of triangle BPQ which is 8cm^2..

APQ + BPQ = 12 + 8 = 20cm^2

total are of the triangle is 50cm^3..so to get triangle AQC,u just deduct 20 from 50..is this the correct method?

ABC - ABQ = 50 - 20 = 30cm^2

Reaction score
u r talking about area(cm^2), but the unit u r using indicates volume(cm^3)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
^ ^ That's what we call a BIG SILLY MISTAKE.
Please do avoid it in paper.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
bcuz QC:BQ is 6:4 = 3:2 and since the triangles r similar the ratio will be same for all sides :)

Reaction score
@alay

yeah u r right......this is the method to do it.....we have done it tonight.....no need to solve it but if u need urself to solve u can solve....

@all

thanks

yeah it's cm^2 because it's area not the volume......beware of it....don't make this mistake in exams

Reaction score
@math angel

thanks a lot......n i told before that we have done this so no need to do it now

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
yeah...that's the reason i didnt then solve after u said!! :)
I actually just answered to index's question :)