• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Please Help! AS Retake ......

Reaction score
Hi,
I got A,B and C grades in AS Level. I want to retake these subjects but I am not sure when to retake...
Is it possible that I retake AS subjects after completing my A2.......?
Also I have heard that having more than 2 A Level certificates decreases the chances to get admission or scholarship in foreign universities.... Should I retake AS papers with A2 papers ( I mean composite ) or should I retake after completing A2 ?
Please Help Me.......... :O:

Thanks in Advance... :)

Reaction score
To get admitted into a foreign university U need a good overall A level result, if u target for UK it is A*AA or AAA or AAB or A*A*A* depending on the institution and the course that you choose
My suggestion is to repeat the AS subjects that u got a B and a C
U cannot retake AS after taking your A2
U can give the full Alevel and carry forward your mark, CIE will award the best grade possible
universities normally does not want your AS grades however a good performance in AS level indicates that u hav a good academic ability
:D
hope I could help

Reaction score
Thanks Sadman....Your advice and suggestions are very helpful ...
Could you also guide me that should I take composite exam or do it separately......? and will this affect my chance of admission ( because if I take AS and A2 exams separately then I would have 3 A Level certificates ) .....?

Reaction score
How many A level certificates you would have would depend on the number of sessions over which you gave your Alevels
Universities (especially in the UK) requires you to complete your A level with in two years, with grades such as A*AA. So if you do all the three subjects with in two years your final A Level Certificate would be one.
As long as you finish your whole A level course with in two years successfully with good grades, It should not affect your chances of admission. Remember your admission offer wont be made on AS level grades. The universities usually take a holistic approach!
for more information please visit the UCAS website for UK universities only. You should be able to find the answers to most of your questions there. You must also visit the websites of the individual universities where you intend to apply.
I am sorry I cannot give enough information on the US or Canadian universities
Whether you want sit for your full A level exam depends on you ability to handle pressure and your preparation.
If you feel you can and wish to sit for the whole A level exam and carry forward you marks in you final year i.e 2012, you are welcome to do so! but if you feel that it is better for you to resit the AS components first and sit for A2( i.e staged assessment) your also encouraged to do so.
If you need further information please pm me with your yahoo or msn or skype ID. We can discuss in details about your condition and hopefully be able to take the best decision!
Hope I could help

Reaction score
As of my study, I think AS results does matter to most of the foreign universities. They might overlook your IG results but they won't for the AS ones.
You could repeat those subject that you got B and C in, you can't repeat after your A2.
The universities might ask you that, why did you repeat these subjects? So you should be ready for it.
Answering this is a lot better than searching for other universities.
Go ahead and repeat these subjects.
Good luck!

Reaction score
basimnazir
that is an excellent advice! i am sorry sherkhan i overlooked that u might have to asnwer why did you have to repeat the exams.