• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PLEASE HELP....CIE student changing to Edexcel here!!

Reaction score
so i am a CIE Student who has done IGCSE And AS in CIE in Accounting/Math/Business/Economics

now i have achieved C grade in accounting and business.... and below C in the rest....so i decided to shift to Edexcel to do A level...uhmm and now i read that there is IAS and IAL for each subject....

so if i were to take economics this year....do i have to do IAS? or can i just take the IAL examination in january as i have already done IAS but in CIE..... or will i have to repeat the whole year and do edexcel IAS and IAL?

PLEASE HELP AS I AM CONFUSED AND LOST!!

Reaction score
@Above Post, no their marking is not unfair.

If i were you, I'd stick to CIE, Edexcel A-Level is quite tougher than CIE and you switching makes it quite more hard as Paper format and styles of question vary alot.

Reaction score
so i am a CIE Student who has done IGCSE And AS in CIE in Accounting/Math/Business/Economics

now i have achieved C grade in accounting and business.... and below C in the rest....so i decided to shift to Edexcel to do A level...uhmm and now i read that there is IAS and IAL for each subject....

so if i were to take economics this year....do i have to do IAS? or can i just take the IAL examination in january as i have already done IAS but in CIE..... or will i have to repeat the whole year and do edexcel IAS and IAL?

PLEASE HELP AS I AM CONFUSED AND LOST!!
download the accounting paper from here http://theexamroom.blogspot.com/2014/08/alevel-accounting-summer-2014-question.html and see how you did..compare the papers to edexcel .