• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

plssss require help alvls!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi there.Itz like I always wanted to do engineering but unfortunately my scores disnt match the science criteria and and unfortunately got arts.Now I finished my igcse exams an I was like now I will do physics and chemistry and maths in a lvl....but 1 of my cousins said u must have science z subject in o lvl then u*ll be able to do a lvl and now im like :**((((((((
P.S:i did private igcse and wanting to do alvl in pakistan. :)

Reaction score
Yes u should have olevels phy+chem basics when planning 4 such subjects in alvls.......Best of luck:)

Reaction score
Hi there.Itz like I always wanted to do engineering but unfortunately my scores disnt match the science criteria and and unfortunately got arts.Now I finished my igcse exams an I was like now I will do physics and chemistry and maths in a lvl....but 1 of my cousins said u must have science z subject in o lvl then u*ll be able to do a lvl and now im like :**((((((((
P.S:i did private igcse and wanting to do alvl in pakistan. :)

It's a better plan to have some prior knowledge before taking on A-Level sciences... one of my friends failed his sciences from year 8 up to year 11 (including IGs) and boooy did he have a heck of a time in class... he had to get external 'catching up' lessons outside of school to get the basics, while we were doing way more advanced stuff in class! So it could intimidate you to an extent if your knowledge is shabby, unless of course you prepare for it e.g. by recapping everything you learned in summer!

Reaction score
Yes u should have olevels phy+chem basics when planning 4 such subjects in alvls.......Best of luck:)
It's a better plan to have some prior knowledge before taking on A-Level sciences... one of my friends failed his sciences from year 8 up to year 11 (including IGs) and boooy did he have a heck of a time in class... he had to get external 'catching up' lessons outside of school to get the basics, while we were doing way more advanced stuff in class! So it could intimidate you to an extent if your knowledge is shabby, unless of course you prepare for it e.g. by recapping everything you learned in summer!
Well! Thank u all for ur support.I do agree now that taking science subjects in a lvl without having any knowledge about in o lvl makes alot of sense. I planned to do physics and chemistry in o lvl 1z again along with economic and maths a lvl so that I couldnot sacrifice my time in o lvl additional subjects.This will save me from studying longer years. -_- :D