• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Poll :- Did You Recieve Far Lower Grades Than Expected

Did You Recieve Far Lower Grades Than Expected ?

• Yes

Votes: 73 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 53 42.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Standard?? Are you kidding me? I ve seen the worst people getting grades. I am so sorry their standards are diminishing as far as I can see, just look at the people who conduct our exam. Interestingly, I came across some invigilator after my exams in a restaurant and he was a freaking waiter. Standard? Really?

Look, a few individual cases do not discredit my argument and if you're jealous of kids who failed in school exams for two years but got great results in finals then obviously you don't understand what A Level final exams are: they are just that, final exams, which have to be revised for and worked on and this can be done in 1 or 2 months as long as you have SOME understanding (smart-ish kids who are lazy usually succeed by working in the last minute). They are essentially standardized tests like the SAT with a more rigorous approach to assessment.

The standards are NOT diminishing; CIE is making it more difficult to get the A* grade as well as the other grades. And if your invigilator was a waiter, then that is not CIE's fault, it's your center's. You should have reported the center then, idiot. Besides, invigilators are there to ensure you don't cheat, not to correct your examinations, so how does that really make a difference or show that CIE has poor standards?

Please think before spewing out rubbish. You're just jealous of people who did well in the last minute, which happens everywhere, but those who were ACTUALLY good and consistent with their studies for two years and had great, CIE-certified teachers should not have had much of a problem either.

Reaction score
Literally same. My marks weren't all bad except for English which I scored far lower than I expected.. My friends scored bad marks in English too like what was wrong with the examiners this year?

Well to be fair, we probably got harsh examiners. One of my classmates got an A, and we are pretty much the same level in English. Either way, English as my teacher said is really on your luck with your examiner. You could get a chill one, or a really strict one

Reaction score
I received a U for both bio and chem and I'm like WHAT??! What does an ungraded even mean?
Seriously though...what does it mean? I thought that was only possible if I didn't do one of the papers.
if u didn't give a paper ,u get an X , that's rare bcs ppl generally don't miss out their exams. Ungraded is given when a person doesn't write anything, writes really less,or writes most of the paper wrong.I don't that would be a case for u,I suggest u go for a review

Reaction score
The GT for Maths As level say 61% is a B. I got 67%, grade C. Where am i wrong?

Reaction score
The GT for Maths As level say 61% is a B. I got 67%, grade C. Where am i wrong?
Where are the thresholds, Raiyan3? Anyway, 61% RAW marks is a B. The % you received is uniform percentage mark, which is scaled and your raw % is lower than 61%.

Reaction score
Standard?? Are you kidding me? I ve seen the worst people getting grades. I am so sorry their standards are diminishing as far as I can see, just look at the people who conduct our exam. Interestingly, I came across some invigilator after my exams in a restaurant , and he was a freaking waiter. Standard? Really?
on

First of all , British council hire people for their ability to invigilate, not on their current jobs. Secondly, I have seen many people on XPC(even the poll above shows) who got their predicted grades. I worked very hard and managed to get 4 As, however many of my classmates who didn't study that much ended up getting Es and Ds. You have to understand that hard work always gets you success.. Majority of the people got their predicted grades because they know the CIE standard. if CIE starts giving As to everyone , then where will the competition go? I meant no disrespect but instead of blaming the most transparent and trusted system of the world, you should look into your weaknesses and try to improve them. It will make it all very easy , trust me :)

Reaction score
on

First of all , British council hire people for their ability to invigilate, not on their current jobs. Secondly, I have seen many people on XPC(even the poll above shows) who got their predicted grades. I worked very hard and managed to get 4 As, however many of my classmates who didn't study that much ended up getting Es and Ds. You have to understand that hard work always gets you success.. Majority of the people got their predicted grades because they know the CIE standard. if CIE starts giving As to everyone , then where will the competition go? I meant no disrespect but instead of blaming the most transparent and trusted system of the world, you should look into your weaknesses and try to improve them. It will make it all very easy , trust me :)
(y)

Tkp

Reaction score
well i have got 3bs and 1c
got c in chem a2 becz i studied the last week and didnt study well.i thought i will get a d but got a c.so quite satisfied
but in applied ict i studied so hard and expected around 90 but i got 77.i checked out my component marks and saw that i got an A in p2 and c in p1
i dnt even understand hw do I get a c in Aict p1.well i matched the answers and it was correct but dnt knw.Maybe God had other palns for me.So dnt be depressed.Study hard for ur result and u will obiously do good.When i first appeared for Aict i got an E but the next time i got a B though m nt satisfied though.u have another chance.Just make sure that u have studied well

Reaction score
:O So What You Gonna Do Now ... ?

I will repeat Chemistry and Biology A2 and perhaps Physics (AS and A2) too, currently I am starting web development/programming course of 3 months from ICT trainings. Next year I will apply abroad InshaAllah