• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
1)The pH of pure ethanol and all other alcohols is 7, because the pH refers to the number of OH- or H+ ions in a solution, neither are present in any alcohols.

2)B
3)PbO2 + 2H2O → Pb + 2H2Oin the tube lead(ii)oxide will loose the o2 & Pb will remain in tube mass decrease drying agent absorbs the water increasing in mass the answer is B
4)Firstly Zn becomes ZnO the alloy has also Cu .. Cu cant react with H2SO4 cuz it cant displace the hydrogen (less reactive) so ZnO + H2SO4àZnSO4 + H2O water is the colorless solution & zincsulfide is the brown solid answer is B
5)Q22: as previous explanation
Q33: fossil fuels are made from dead organic matter this matter can be plants ..plants contain nitrogen compounds when u burn the fossil fuels which may include dead plants NO2 if given off

6)Very simple with no complications: they gave u 2 statements
Statement 1: Alloying iron with other materials to form stainless steel prevents iron from rusting
by excluding oxygen.
Statement 2: Painting, oiling and electroplating are all methods of preventing iron from rusting.
great explanation, Good luck :)

The first statement is 100% WRONG because oxygen is not excluded the oxygen concentration in the surrounding is not even controlled to make an alloy . simply alloying is when 2 or more metals are mixed to make this metal mixture stronger & last a little bit longer BUT EVENTUALLY THIS ALLOY IS GOING TO RUST BY TIME the second statement is correct and therefore the answer is D

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...
the question says that the graph is for a 'single' heartbeat...so we can conclude that it takes 0.6 seconds for one heartbeat...to get the number of heartbeats in 60 seconds (1 minute) we will divide 60 by 0.6 that is equal to 100 heartbeats..!
hope that clears your doubt :)

thanks soo much !! i got it :)

Reaction score
I think the acid/base will only become less concentrated, and I don't think concentration affects pH.

There's a question in Jun03 , it's no.21 . When we added water The PH increased , but i thought that water since it's neutral doesn't effect PH .

Reaction score
Well in that case my info is wrong :/ The concentration actually affects the pH. My understanding is that when water is added, solution becomes more dilute, therefore, less H+ ions are released in solution, therefore more pH. (pH is the measure of the amount of H+ / OH+ ions released in solution). In other words, as an acid becomes more dilute, it becomes closer and closer to the pH of water (7).

Reaction score
chem, question 10 june 2000
bio, question 37 november 2002
please help :)
chem question 10) B why ? because P^3- * Cl^- criss cross PCl3
bio question: 37) A why? carnivores eat other animals which may be herbivores when carnivores are removed herbivores will survive thus their number increases

Reaction score
chem question 10) B why ? because P^3- * Cl^- criss cross PCl3
bio question: 37) A why? carnivores eat other animals which may be herbivores when carnivores are removed herbivores will survive thus their number increases
thank you :)
but are u sure of the bio answer? because the question says which graph shows the growth of a population when there are no limiting factors!
it was repeated in nov 1999 and nov 2002, but the answers are different and i got confused :(

Reaction score
s
thank you :)
but are u sure of the bio answer? because the question says which graph shows the growth of a population when there are no limiting factors!
it was repeated in nov 1999 and nov 2002, but the answers are different and i got confused :(
srry it's B for the same reason