• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
I heard in Oxford, the interview is the most important factor as long as you have decent A level grades. A student with 4 As may get accepted but another applicant with 5 A*s may get rejected! :/ Oxford admission system is WEIRD!
That is actually very true. Their system of teaching is very different. The university is divided into colleges, around 20 or so. Each college has all the majors, but teaches separately, so in a way, each college accepts only around 8 or 9 students, depends on the major though. Since the 'classes' are so small, they want people who can remember information and recall it in the blink of an eye. So classes can be like 1 teacher and 3 students. That's why the interviews are really important.

Reaction score
That is actually very true. Their system of teaching is very different. The university is divided into colleges, around 20 or so. Each college has all the majors, but teaches separately, so in a way, each college accepts only around 8 or 9 students, depends on the major though. Since the 'classes' are so small, they want people who can remember information and recall it in the blink of an eye. So classes can be like 1 teacher and 3 students. That's why the interviews are really important.
Did you give the interview? Do they ask academic stuffs and common-sense wala questions eg solving a puzzle or a problem? How can I prepare myself to ace the interview? I will apply for 2015 Insha allah if I get good A level grades, so I have time to prepare and develop myself in an Oxford-way :p . What do you suggest? Btw there are no admission tests for international applicants, right? How much does high school transcripts, essays and teacher recommendations matter? Do they give a damn to extra curricular achievements related to the course in which the student applies? Do they even look at Sat scores if an applicant submits it along with A level grades? Thanks :)

Reaction score
Agreed. I can see huge Anti-Punjab Sentiments within KPK from PTI Supporters. This is exactly what we don`t want. Imran Khan should work on making KPK the `Model Province` so that he can win over the whole country the next time. Right now, we should wait, and hope PML-N Establish a stable government and alteast solve the basic issues.
Oh ya i mistakenly highlighted this part :Lets hope this new government lives up to the expectations, whilst i was only intending to focus on this: we`re Pakistan, so we don`t need this division amongst Provinces.
I was appreciating your viewpoint, since you see how nowadays interprovincial hatred is being widely spread on purpose.

As of Pmln , we have zero hopes pinned with the new gov. The history of their past leaderships isnt long forgotten. so zilch hope.

Reaction score
Oh ya i mistakenly highlighted this part :Lets hope this new government lives up to the expectations, whilst i was only intending to focus on this: we`re Pakistan, so we don`t need this division amongst Provinces.
I was appreciating your viewpoint, since you see how nowadays interprovincial hatred is being widely spread on purpose.

As of Pmln , we have zero hopes pinned with the new gov. The history of their past leaderships isnt long forgotten. so zilch hope.
My friends pointed out that Nawaz Sharif always chooses the worst possible Army Chief's since both times they overthrew him and took over the govt :p I don't think he's learnt from the past.

Reaction score
People who got an offer in may, when is the last date to submit the admission fee? I'm trying to estimate when they will dispatch the letter to the wait listed candidates.

Reaction score
So the May list has been released? Are the decisions still coming on daily basis or will the next ones will come in next list? I am asking because some of my friends still await their decision...
I think the next ones will come in the next list. That seems to be the pattern..

Reaction score
Off the topic :
Mubashar Luqman`s Tweet `Imran Khan is more Physically hurt than some realize. He had a fall virtually from the second floor and many fell on him`.
I`ve also read this elsewhere. It seems IK`s condition isn`t stable at all.
So guys do keep praying for him, and hope that InshAllah he`ll get better soon.

Reaction score
So the May list has been released? Are the decisions still coming on daily basis or will the next ones will come in next list? I am asking because some of my friends still await their decision...
They will come on the next list, which may come out sometime after 20th may!!

Reaction score
I hope so too. I've got a couple of friends waiting as well :/

Reaction score
A.O.A ! Guys I've made a group named as " LUMS admission decisions " on Facebook . It includes many luminites who were admitted last year and many decision awaiting candidates . I'd urge you to join the group so that we can clear our ambiguities and also we could have a better picture of who the hell we are talking to for the last three months or so . Here comes the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/lumslcat/ . I'm anxiously waiting to accepts your requests . Looking Forward ....... !

Reaction score
Off the topic :
Mubashar Luqman`s Tweet `Imran Khan is more Physically hurt than some realize. He had a fall virtually from the second floor and many fell on him`.
I`ve also read this elsewhere. It seems IK`s condition isn`t stable at all.
So guys do keep praying for him, and hope that InshAllah he`ll get better soon.
and not to forget that the guy is over 60..:/ hope he gets up and going

Reaction score

Yup 9th May. However I think that there are going to be a couple more lists this month. Im saying this cos a friend of mine who is awaiting his decision got a call from LUMS today. They were asking for aid-related documents. Point being that there are going to be more acceptances and they would come in form of lists.