• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
The Roots DHA library is a little better (my school), but still a nightmare. The librarian is really rude and drives me nuts. I know that a library is for silence, but not complete silence. He tries to kick us out even if we whisper and he keeps talking loudly on the phone.
I'm so ready for LUMS.

I was at Nazim-ud-din branch in Roots 2008-2009 roughly. It was a HUGE transistion for me cuz I'd moved from a school from Hong Kong where they had lame classes like art and music. From that, to a typical hardcore desi school which was basically in a house. It was quite depressing at first. But I guess, I am after all, a rootsian :D heard the new campus is chilled though, dont wanna offend anyone!

Reaction score
I was at Nazim-ud-din branch in Roots 2008-2009 roughly. It was a HUGE transistion for me cuz I'd moved from a school from Hong Kong where they had lame classes like art and music. From that, to a typical hardcore desi school which was basically in a house. It was quite depressing at first. But I guess, I am after all, a rootsian :D heard the new campus is chilled though, dont wanna offend anyone!
I know how you feel :p Before I came to Roots I was in this really small school with roughly a 100 kids. We were only 6 kids in my class. It took me a while to adjust to Roots. The Islamabad one? Yeah, I heard the same. Roots, in general, is very chill :p

Reaction score
http://criticalppp.com/archives/1468
Some issues facing lums students(a rather grim n mature read.....)
Dude, it's not just LUMS. It's in most universities and schools. Heck, I KNOW people like these. The LUMS admin can try their best to stop it, but in a way it's not possible. The best anyone can do is to try and keep from being corrupted. Btw, believe me, this doesn't happen in LUMS alone. It happens everywhere.

Reaction score
Dude, it's not just LUMS. It's in most universities and schools. Heck, I KNOW people like these. The LUMS admin can try their best to stop it, but in a way it's not possible. The best anyone can do is to try and keep from being corrupted. Btw, believe me, this doesn't happen in LUMS alone. It happens everywhere.
Thnxx for the reassuring words.....i am sorry if i am offtopic BUT honestly lums should demarcate liberalism and conservatism,each with its own boundaries.If liberalism spreads to such extent that it starts to go against morality,ethics and social boundaries than it brings great harm.Similarly conservatism must not take the form of extremism and enforcement of values.In short a BALANCE is what brings progress and satisfaction.

Reaction score
Thnxx for the reassuring words.....i am sorry if i am offtopic BUT honestly lums should demarcate liberalism and conservatism,each with its own boundaries.If liberalism spreads to such extent that it starts to go against morality,ethics and social boundaries than it brings great harm.Similarly conservatism must not take the form of extremism and enforcement of values.In short a BALANCE is what brings progress and satisfaction.
Bro, once again. They can try all they want, but they can't force it on the students. Inside LUMS, outside LUMS, it really makes no difference. Besides, this way, the students learn how to deal with it and that's a lesson that they'll all need when they go abroad. So yeah, it's not a good thing, but it really can't be stopped. The students are adults, they should know better.

Reaction score
Wese I think that in a country like Pakistan, some people do have the tendency to grab religion and construe it in order to enforce a much stricter and harsher set of laws. Just saying. Everyone has their own interpretation of Islam. Yet, we can not stand by and keep putting each other's interpreations on each other, while the rest of the world progresses towards the future. LUMS is a mixture of both

Reaction score
but I don't live their..?and what do they ask in interview?
I don't know, will tell you tomorrow. And I don't think they will conduct interviews of overseas applicants. And secondly, many students have received their acceptances without any interview. I doubt that I am the only one who has to go through this painful "imtehaan". :cry: :cry: :cry:

Reaction score
Bro, once again. They can try all they want, but they can't force it on the students. Inside LUMS, outside LUMS, it really makes no difference. Besides, this way, the students learn how to deal with it and that's a lesson that they'll all need when they go abroad. So yeah, it's not a good thing, but it really can't be stopped. The students are adults, they should know better.
hmmm.....BTW guys i visited LUMS today(for the first time;-)....n it was GR8.....there was some cultural event and everyone was dressed like villagers and farmers(awsm outfits;-)).....the SSE building is really COOL...its 5 stories and each hosts a department.....lums administration is very cooperative....All in All a SOUND first impression...

Reaction score
I don't know, will tell you tomorrow. And I don't think they will conduct interviews of overseas applicants. And secondly, many students have received their acceptances without any interview. I doubt that I am the only one who has to go through this painful "imtehaan". :cry: :cry: :cry:

hey rubab are u a nop scholar or have u applied for financial aid???

Reaction score
i have applied for aid but i haven't received any call from lums and they also haven't visited my home....

is there anyone in the same situation??

Reaction score
Hey we have to attach the mailing label on the return envelope..which mailing label do we have to paste? the one we pasted when we first applied?

Reaction score
Ofcourse u cant be the only one.....its CLEARLY written that some people are called for interview.......many others would have been called for interview but everyone is not familiar with this thread so u cant find them...

Reaction score
Ofcourse u cant be the only one.....its CLEARLY written that some people are called for interview.......many others would have been called for interview but everyone is not familiar with this thread so u cant find them...
The question is "Who they call for interview?"

Reaction score
if u don't mind can u tell me how your test went and what are your grades in o-levels???

i haven't received any call from lums + they haven't visited my home... does it means that i have failed in the test??
:'(
My english and chemistry went good, basic maths was satisfactory and physcs and advanced maths were not-so-good. I did matriculation from lhrboard 457/480 in 9th grade 978/1050 in 10th grade and 468/520 in F.Sc part 1