• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
NUST is one of the Best institutes for engr!
I know a lot of students will probably hate me for saying this but engn at lums does not have That much value, or so i have heard form a 1000 ppl!!
+ my sister is doing Mba from lums & she said that the reason that lums took 1000 students last year was to cover the growing expense's of the engn school!!
(for all the angry reader's, its just my opinion & what i have been hearing since past 3 years)
Nust may not have facilities like lums but its come's under the top 3 schools for engn & lums doesn't!
Hopefully lums will grab the top position soon but for now, nust rules!!

I don't know who told you all this but it is wrong! Everyone knows that getting into LUMS engineering is the toughest and those who don't get in criticize it.I know A LOT of people who have done their engineering from LUMS and almost all of them have received scholarships from USA's top universities.My own brother did his engineering from LUMS and he got a scholarship from a very good American university.LUMS engineering is new as comapred to NUST but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have that much value.NUST engineering is also very good but you cannot compare it to LUMS.

Reaction score
You shouldn't really believe in what everyone says.LUMS has a VERY good engineering programme.Your chances of going abroad on full-bright or a full funded scholarship are much more if you graduate from LUMS.Getting into NUST engineering is very easy as compared to LUMS.And I don't know who told you that LUMS wasn't in the top 3 engineering school list because it's wrong.LUMS engineering has been ranked the first in Pakistan by many people.

Reaction score
How many marks have u scored in net I can tell u exactly where will you get
admission in nust

Trust me I am not lyin, just wanna help u
Actually NUST is conducting 2 tests this time....you can appear in BOTH n ur BEST is considered towards ur application........this time i gave NET-1 LITERALLY WITHOUT STUDYING A WORD(for experience) and yet i scored 129/200...i knw they are not good at all bt considering i ddnt study a word,i am.satisfied cz when i DO STUDY in free time after my examz than i can IA score 160+......my SSC is 926/1050 n HSSC part1 z 478/550 so i am not bad in those weitages too...

Reaction score
You shouldn't really believe in what everyone says.LUMS has a VERY good engineering programme.Your chances of going abroad on full-bright or a full funded scholarship are much more if you graduate from LUMS.Getting into NUST engineering is very easy as compared to LUMS.And I don't know who told you that LUMS wasn't in the top 3 engineering school list because it's wrong.LUMS engineering has been ranked the first in Pakistan by many people.
I would agree with ZSYED here....if RANKING is done DEPARTMENT wise which should be done BUT no governing institution of PAK does it than LUMS EE would rank#1, way ahead NUST,GIK,UET etc......actually i have given BOTH LUMS n NUST tests n guys believe me NUST test was TRIVIAL compared to LUMS......in LUMS SSE test no SINGLE question was BOOKISH n i had to "THINK" in real sense of this word:p and i LOVED giving it.....in NUST test MAJORITY ques were straight FSC.....jst see SEAT comparison...in NUST around top 550 students can do EE n in LUMs TOTAL SSE is 220-250:p out of which 120 r gonna get EE this year......now come to JOB placement.....LUMS has every possible major INDUSTRIALIST of pak on its BOD n its the ONLY univ that has 100% job placement....come to HIGHER EDU,lums has gr8 international repute...i read a NEWYORK times reporter calling it PAK variant of HARVARD:p:p......PS:(did a LOT research for above material;-)

Reaction score
ZSYED your brother did EE from LUMS.....can u plzz ask him if its easy to get EE as major after freshman year.....i can think of no other discipline except EE....engineering is my passion.....

Reaction score
LUMS does have a very good international repute.LUMS EE got their PEC recognization very quickly and so many of their graduates are going to top-ranked US universities.

Reaction score
Hello, has anybody been called for interview? Mine is scheduled on 18th. What to make of it? :unsure: Does it reduce my chances of getting in? Or they are doing it for I have applied for F.A? God! I'm so tensed. :cry: :( If my acceptance does not come by 19th of this month, I'm surely gonna die. :cry:

Hey.Can you please tell me that when did they visit your house for physical verification? And what are your O'level grades?

Reaction score
It is not that difficult if you maintain a good average GPA.
they told me that MINIMUM req is abv 2.0 GPA in 3 physics courses(+EE lab)....2 mathematics courses...1 CS course....thats official word BUT i wld appreciate a lumnite assessment of how difficult it actually is from student point of view:p

Reaction score
they told me that MINIMUM req is abv 2.0 GPA in 3 physics courses(+EE lab)....2 mathematics courses...1 CS course....thats official word BUT i wld appreciate a lumnite assessment of how difficult it actually is from student point of view:p

Have you been accepted into SSE?

Reaction score
Actually NUST is conducting 2 tests this time....you can appear in BOTH n ur BEST is considered towards ur application........this time i gave NET-1 LITERALLY WITHOUT STUDYING A WORD(for experience) and yet i scored 129/200...i knw they are not good at all bt considering i ddnt study a word,i am.satisfied cz when i DO STUDY in free time after my examz than i can IA score 160+......my SSC is 926/1050 n HSSC part1 z 478/550 so i am not bad in those weitages too...
If u get 160+ u will get admission everywhere in nust but with 129 u can barely reach Telecom. And remember 160 is not that easy, u have to work hard.

Reaction score
If u get 160+ u will get admission everywhere in nust but with 129 u can barely reach Telecom. And remember 160 is not that easy, u have to work hard.
:)...i knw 160+ is not easy BUT ths givez me confidence that if i could get 129 without studying anything n in jst u can say "SHUGAL":-D....than when i do study PROPERLY tha IA i can score good..

Reaction score
Hey.Can you please tell me that when did they visit your house for physical verification? And what are your O'level grades?
In the first week of april, can't recall the date exactly. And I didn't do O'level. My matric scores were 457/480 in 9th and 978/1050 in matric