• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Practical, summer 2014, chemistry AS, paper 3, variant 1.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what is coming in this paper? Any information would be really helpful. Thank you.

Reaction score
Probably something on Iodine titration. Does someone have any tips on qualitative analysis?

Reaction score
1st quetsion is prbbly on titration manganate ion nd.,...qualitative analysis should have one cation (Zinc 2+) and two anions (sulfate 2- and bromine 1-) thts my prediction

Reaction score
Can you share your titration values? My supervisor and majority of my classmates got them in 22-24 range but I got it around 28.5. :( My readings were consistent in themselves though. 3 times they fell at around 28.5.

Reaction score
Can you share your titration values? My supervisor and majority of my classmates got them in 22-24 range but I got it around 28.5. :( My readings were consistent in themselves though. 3 times they fell at around 28.5.
If you think your reading is correct but cie compares your readings with the supervisor and gives you marks according to it

Reaction score
My titration value was exactly 23.0 and all my classmates got them in that range :s

Reaction score
I took the practical on 8th, 1st question was about Titration of KMnO4 the second question was about enthalpy change of Mg ribbon in acid and the third was salt analysis of Iron (III), Iron (II), NH4 & Mn :D