• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Prediction of Grade Thresholds for May-June 2012!

Reaction score
Reaction score
since u r familiar with the grades . do u think that the biology varient 1 could go any higher than 165?
I gave variant 2, so I'm not sure about v1. Did you find the paper hard? Did your friends in the same hall find it difficult? Or hard to complete in the given time? If yes, it'll be low. But then again, Biology rarely goes over 165, so rest assured. :)

Reaction score
I dot think tha
I gave variant 2, so I'm not sure about v1. Did you find the paper hard? Did your friends in the same hall find it difficult? Or hard to complete in the given time? If yes, it'll be low. But then again, Biology rarely goes over 165, so rest assured. :)
I don't think i lost all these marks and my friends say that it wasn't that hard but it wasn't that easy either :D

Reaction score
for A* my guesses are:-
maths- HIgher than 185 for sure :(
bio- probably 180 (if p1 is kinda hard)
physics- No idea 145 maybe :/
Chemistry- 175 (if p1 is kinda hard)

please this is very wrong , don't make people panic you just made the super highest GT ever lol :)

in science subjects it is very low and this year even lower than any other year

biology - last year was 150 , this year i say 145 (out of 200)

chemistry - latest was 142 , i say it will be the same

physics - last year was 142 , it will be lower one year it was 138 out of 200 i say it will be around 138-142

math - this will be high yes 180 ( 148 for an A )

ICT- it was dead easy but ppl still made mistakes n theory and n practical it will be 260 (out of 300)

english - it was avg like all other years so 84-85 (out of 100)

and edxcel Arabic was horrible (i did good though) i think like the other years 79 for A*

i explained how to calculate the curve here so drop there and like my post :) (http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/how-cie-calculate-the-curve.15175/)

Reaction score
please this is very wrong , don't make people panic you just made the super highest GT ever lol :)

in science subjects it is very low and this year even lower than any other year

biology - last year was 150 , this year i say 145 (out of 200)

chemistry - latest was 142 , i say it will be the same

physics - last year was 142 , it will be lower one year it was 138 out of 200 i say it will be around 138-142

math - this will be high yes 180 ( 148 for an A )

ICT- it was dead easy but ppl still made mistakes n theory and n practical it will be 260 (out of 300)

english - it was avg like all other years so 84-85 (out of 100)

and edxcel Arabic was horrible (i did good though) i think like the other years 79 for A*

i explained how to calculate the curve here so drop there and like my post :) (http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/how-cie-calculate-the-curve.15175/)

Finally a realistic prediction :D as for maths it could be starting from 175 but chances of it passing the 180 are slim to none it could be 180 this but I believe it won't go any higher since 180 is about 90% and it only went above that once and the exam was way easier than this one :D let's just hope for the best and good luck :D

Reaction score
To be very frank, our's was easy as well. :x
But I doubt it'll be over 185. I lost a total of 13 marks, which makes my score 187. I certainly hope it's not as high as last year. :c

Reaction score
But I doubt it'll be over 185. I lost a total of 13 marks, which makes my score 187. I certainly hope it's not as high as last year. :c
Don't worry most of my friends lost the same amount of marks this includes me :D it was easy but new in style and that caused silly mistakes just pray for a low gt :D

Reaction score
oh also if u check the one where the 2 are marked a lot of people got below 180 :D hope this cheers u up a bit just like it cheered me up :D

Reaction score
EXPECTED GT WITH REASONS:
MATHS-170-175 NOT MORE BECAUSE O/N 11 WAS EASIER WHERE IT HAD TRANSFORMATIONS AND GRAPHS OF FUNCTIONS IN P4 HOWEVER WE HAD ABOUT 9-10 MARKS REASONING AND WE ALSO HAD MANY QUESTIONS WITH 5 OR MORE MARKS WHICH NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE AND OUR P2 WASN'T EASIER THAN THAT OF O/N 11
CHEMISTRY -150-155 OR LESS BECAUSE OUR PAPER 6 WASN'T VERY EASY BUT P3 AND 1 WERE EASY AND THEY WERE MORE OR LESS LIKE O/N 11
BIOLOGY- (SAME LIKE CHEMISTRY)
ENGLISH-(NO IDEA)
PHYSICS- BELOW 140 FOR SURE
INSHALLAH WE ALL GET A*s

Reaction score
Okie lets all not brag and stuff, i seriously think we had easy papers :S
bt the fact remains tht most of the papers' curve's will be high :|
Okay Physics, that paper had up's and down's :S !

Bt lets hope fr the best! good luck peeps xx <3

Reaction score
lol a lot of ppeople are crying over this exams could have been easy but when exams r easy stupid mistakes increase for some reason ..hard and easy (to the extreme) exxams suck u either cant solve or believe u solved medium level exams r the ones where ppl score so let's wish for the best :D