• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Principal Subjects?

Reaction score
O’ Levels results (in at least 6 subjects) with an average grade of at least 'C' and A’ Levels in at least 3 principal subjects1 with at least 2 Bs and 1 C grade such that there should be no more than 1 C grade and no grade less than a C. No credit will be given for General Paper.

This is an extract from LUMS' website, under the 'admissions criteria' section for undergraduate courses. My question is, does anyone here have an idea as to which subjects in particular are classified as 'principal' ones? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Drop the casual attitude and be specific, please!
According to wikipedia:
Principal Subjects
  • Art and Design
  • Art History
  • Biology
  • Business and Management
  • Chemistry
  • Classical Heritage
  • Comparative Government and Politics
  • Drama and Theatre
  • Economics
  • English
  • Further Mathematics
  • Geography
  • Classical Greek
  • History
  • Latin
  • Mandarin Chinese
  • Mathematics
  • Modern Foreign Languages (French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish)
  • Music
  • Philosophy and Theology
  • Physics
  • Psychology
  • Sports Science

Reaction score
This is an extract from LUMS' website, under the 'admissions criteria' section for undergraduate courses. My question is, does anyone here have an idea as to which subjects in particular are classified as 'principal' ones? Thanks in advance!
What grade are you in? Which school are you currently in and which city? Will you be applying for O and A Levels through a school or give them privately?

Reaction score
And more importantly, what DO YOU want to do as a career?

Reaction score
What grade are you in? Which school are you currently in and which city? Will you be applying for O and A Levels through a school or give them privately?
How exactly does that have any relevance to my question? If you've got a list of 'principal subjects', feel free to post it here and help a fellow out. If not, please don't waste your (and everyone else's) time. Thanks!

Reaction score
How exactly does that have any relevance to my question? If you've got a list of 'principal subjects', feel free to post it here and help a fellow out. If not, please don't waste your (and everyone else's) time. Thanks!
I cannot directly answer your question without knowing this and the other question I asked about what YOU want to do as a career. For e.g, if you want to do an undergraduate course of Economics at LUMS, O Level subjects that should be taken:

1. Mathematics
2. English Language
3. Urdu (A or B)
4. Pakistan Studies
5. Islamiyat
( These five are compulsory or so I think)
6. Economics
( These are six but people usually take a minimum of 8)
7. Accounting
8. Business Studies
9. Additional Mathematics (Really recommended. Helps with both O and A Levels. Gives you an edge over those who didn't take it)

There are more but it depends on how much you can handle and what your interested in.

For A Levels

1. Mathematics
2. Economics
3. (Any subject you like)

People also usually take a fourth subject like my combination of Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English Literature. Tell me what you want to do as a career and I can tell you the exact subject choices you should make accordingly.