• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Principle of Accounts 7110 question

Reaction score
Hey the question is very confusing. The question is from November 2009 paper 2 and question 5. In the answer it shows that below Purchases the drawings were appearing. Shocked, I was confused. Please help me as soon as possible.

Reaction score
I think it is just shown there to clarify the viewers how the net purchases figure is arrived at. What you should do in the case of a drawings adjustment told about in the adjustments section is that you should subtract the drawings figure givien in the adjustments section straightaway from the purchases figure witthout showing any working of subtraction there. However you should write (W1) against the Purchases so as to tell the examiner that the working is shown below. Then, in a free space and a place where examiner can see it: Write (W1) and show the working there. Thats it. This would tell the examiner that you did know how to arrive at the net purchases figure. Well that is what my teacher has told me! Good luck to ya'!