• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Priority of SAT+SAT II vs A LEVELS in USA

Reaction score
Hey guys, So I've completed my O's .... gave 7 subs,got 5A's and 2 B's
Now time to do my A LEVELS, but it looks like I don't have to or something like that :p
Reason? I've confirmed to do my higher studies in the States (I'm a Citizen btw) and for that I've got to sit for the SAT....btw planning to pursue a career related to Health-Medicine/Medical etc etc

Now many are telling me that A levels doesn't hold much value in US uni's whereas SAT plays the biggest part,covers around 70-80% of admission credit and the GCSE O LEVEL is needed as well to show what I've earned from the past 10 years of my school life, but about the A LEVELS ....is it really necessary to give it? How much percentage of credit does it carry? If about like 10% then I think its gonna be a waste to spend 2 years just for this...

Now you guys tell me what should I do?? I can take the SAT I in June 2013 and SAT II in maybe Octo/Nov 2013 or early next year ....I've got no time to spare,its damn valuable to me and I also don't seek to go to high class Colleges like Harvard,Yale,Stanford as these are waaay out of my reach.. I'm targeting some decent ones like Cornell,John Hopkins,Colgate,Tulane,New York Uni .... although they are not that easy to get in but compared to the aforementioned ones, they are much easier (acceptance rate ranges from 20-30%)

Alright I've said enough,now you folks tell me what my next be for the sake of my future :) Regards!!!