• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

private candidates applying for LUMS SSE..!

Reaction score
if a student applies for LUMS SSE and he has been appeared privately for his A levels..is there any disadvantage..?..selection would be difficult.?..secondly what about teacher recommendation letter..?..what does he write in it as he has done A level private..!

Reaction score
No there is no disadvantage. The most important thing is your academic background and your entry test marks. Well you can get the teacher recommendation letter by any olevel teacher or any private teacher. Its not so important. My Alevel teacher asked me for any addition or subtraction in the recommendation letter. Its not a problem. Just a formality in admission process.

Reaction score
thanks mate..u LUMS student..?..i wanna know that i got 3 A's and 5 B's in my O level (BSS) and will give A levels( private) exam next year..is there any chance i can get in SSE .?

Reaction score
yeah there is a chance if u do very well in entry test and take at least straight A's in Alevel. Or have some very strong co.curricular background. But do keep other options open.

Reaction score
I have 2 a's and 1 b in AS and 4 a stars and 2 b's and 1 c in o level and 1990 score in sat 1 so do i have any chance in getting in lums sdsb

Reaction score
^absolutelty man, a friend of mine had 4 A's in olevel and got into Lums SSE with his expected grades to be straight A's in Alevel. Your SAT score is also good. Anything close to 2000 is pretty good! Good luck bro!