• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

private or school???

Reaction score
guys i should do o levels private in 2 years??? or school in 3 yrs??
opt fer doin it in skul in 3 yrs...

Firstly, wen u giv private ur result certificate doesnt hav d name of any skul...which iz bad wen u try out any university...
Secondly, three yrs r more appropriate if u want to get gud grades in ur finals...obviously, u r gattin more tym to prepare...

Howeva, if u think dat ur mental ability iz far too gr8 to waste 3 yrs on O lvls...den its ur choice...

Reaction score

Firstly, smoking is bad. It will kill you soon, and your justing wasting money on it. :p It's not kewl!

OKay reply to your question..IGCSE, should be done in 2 years either way. OLevels dunno if they should be any different. But most school do take 3 years, mine took 2. Work hard, and if your just above average till this moment, I'm sure you can get worthy and satisfactory grades. I worked hard for 2 complete years, and it paid of with A* and A's [All Sci + Math/ICT]. Those who just opened the book last month got C's D's.

So yeah, stuff like these matter on you solely, if my parents would let me choose, i'd pick schooling any day. It's more fun! Now that my high school is going to end pretty soon, im realizing only if I had a bit more fun. =(

Studying private, can ruin your way of living life daily, messing up the timetable, but tuition teacher's focus on you only, so more likely your going to do better. Honestly, in my entire life I never took tuition or private study, I just cant! =D

Reaction score
private if ur school sucks and doesn't have a good faculty. dre r school who complete olevel in 2 yrs like lgs. missing school will not give u an opportunity to participate in co-curricular activities which can be handy later in getting admission in uni but its not a very important factor, u can prepare privately for ur olevels nd then send admission thru some not very well known school in ur area. dats an option as well. . . dnt do privately if u r not good at managing urself nd lack discipline.

Reaction score
Firstly, smoking is bad. It will kill you soon, and your justing wasting money on it. :p It's not kewl!

OKay reply to your question..IGCSE, should be done in 2 years either way. OLevels dunno if they should be any different. But most school do take 3 years, mine took 2. Work hard, and if your just above average till this moment, I'm sure you can get worthy and satisfactory grades. I worked hard for 2 complete years, and it paid of with A* and A's [All Sci + Math/ICT]. Those who just opened the book last month got C's D's.

So yeah, stuff like these matter on you solely, if my parents would let me choose, i'd pick schooling any day. It's more fun! Now that my high school is going to end pretty soon, im realizing only if I had a bit more fun. =(

Studying private, can ruin your way of living life daily, messing up the timetable, but tuition teacher's focus on you only, so more likely your going to do better. Honestly, in my entire life I never took tuition or private study, I just cant! =D

i dnt smoke man... its just a random pic... the skul in which i study offer o levels in 3 yrs... my dad gave me an option to do it privately... he said that give 4 subjects(urdu, english, pak studies, isl) nd rest 4 in june 13 (math, phy, chem, bio)
well i knw i can do dem... but leaving skul is difficult... so i just wanted to know if doing privately lyk dix is good then i vl leave the skul...

Reaction score
opt fer doin it in skul in 3 yrs...

Firstly, wen u giv private ur result certificate doesnt hav d name of any skul...which iz bad wen u try out any university...
Secondly, three yrs r more appropriate if u want to get gud grades in ur finals...obviously, u r gattin more tym to prepare...

Howeva, if u think dat ur mental ability iz far too gr8 to waste 3 yrs on O lvls...den its ur choice...

i can do o levels in a single year,... datx not a problem.... but for dat i vl have to leave skul....:(

Reaction score
private if ur school sucks and doesn't have a good faculty. dre r school who complete olevel in 2 yrs like lgs. missing school will not give u an opportunity to participate in co-curricular activities which can be handy later in getting admission in uni but its not a very important factor, u can prepare privately for ur olevels nd then send admission thru some not very well known school in ur area. dats an option as well. . . dnt do privately if u r not good at managing urself nd lack discipline.

my skul is awsum..... i em not sure dat whether i vl b able to manage it or not....

Reaction score
i dnt smoke man... its just a random pic... the skul in which i study offer o levels in 3 yrs... my dad gave me an option to do it privately... he said that give 4 subjects(urdu, english, pak studies, isl) nd rest 4 in june 13 (math, phy, chem, bio)
well i knw i can do dem... but leaving skul is difficult... so i just wanted to know if doing privately lyk dix is good then i vl leave the skul...

Obvious that's a random pic, but that's how it starts, one puts it as a pic, feeling its KEWL, and then ends up smoking.. :p Joke yaar joke.
Why didn't you say this before. Giving All + Sci and Maths, within June 13. BAD IDEA. No I'm serious. No matter how smart/sharp and intellegent you are, this decision might be costly for your gades. I am really serious about this, I advice you not to. But if your confident. It's up to you, don't want to waste one of your year.

No offence, but what's your age now? I started IG/OL when I was 13. So I had extra years, but still I did in 2 years and now I'm 16 ending AL's

Reaction score
Obvious that's a random pic, but that's how it starts, one puts it as a pic, feeling its KEWL, and then ends up smoking.. :p Joke yaar joke.
Why didn't you say this before. Giving All + Sci and Maths, within June 13. BAD IDEA. No I'm serious. No matter how smart/sharp and intellegent you are, this decision might be costly for your gades. I am really serious about this, I advice you not to. But if your confident. It's up to you, don't want to waste one of your year.

No offence, but what's your age now? I started IG/OL when I was 13. So I had extra years, but still I did in 2 years and now I'm 16 ending AL's

no i would just try it once....:)

well that was just a random idea.... and is there any option of not taking pak std paper while living in pak?
nd i em 15..

Reaction score
no i would just try it once....:)

well that was just a random idea.... and is there any option of not taking pak std paper while living in pak?
nd i em 15..

DO IT >=D .. okay no don't lol.

Hmm! You see, I' don't live in pakistan!.. so I have no idea about that! I didn't take pak std, It's not a compulsory thing you see. Only Eng/Maths should be taken!

Reaction score
DO IT >=D .. okay no don't lol.

Hmm! You see, I' don't live in pakistan!.. so I have no idea about that! I didn't take pak std, It's not a compulsory thing you see. Only Eng/Maths should be taken!

welll i vl do it if offered...
nd i was thinking to just get rid of pakistan studies... cox its lyk seriously stupid... nd of no use...

Reaction score
welll i vl do it if offered...
nd i was thinking to just get rid of pakistan studies... cox its lyk seriously stupid... nd of no use...

Yeah do that, don't want to be the odd one out.
High 5 on that! Pointless to know about all that, I soo agree. History and stuff, better concentrate on other topics!

Reaction score
Yeah do that, don't want to be the odd one out.
High 5 on that! Pointless to know about all that, I soo agree. History and stuff, better concentrate on other topics!
i love to study physics, chem, bio, math cox u use ur brain ur iq... history nd geo is just waste

Reaction score
i love to study physics, chem, bio, math cox u use ur brain ur iq... history nd geo is just waste

Honestly this is how I think! I took Sci, And I went through with it. Did worthy results, now its time for AL's. Thrice as hard. But still I want this! ^^
I suck at memorizing and keeping info stuffed in my head. It's such a drag.. >.>

Reaction score

It's totally your own choice. I did it partly in school. I spent O1 in school and studied at home for another year and then took my O' Level exams. It does make a difference. If you study in school, you have competition which, obviously, spurs you on and makes you study harder. However, if you study privately, you can spend more time on studying as there are other acticities in school which are distracting.