• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Problems regarding Edexcel A-Levels | Suggestions and views |

Do you find IAL easy?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I find Chemistry, Biology and Physics same standard as GCE.
The problem is IAL Mech. IAL have C1 and C2 combined to make C12. Also, C3 and C4 combined to make C34 paper. Longer papers means more to study which is equal to bad results. :p
So, In my views, IAL is challenging.

Reaction score
I'd Appreciate if you could tell me what's the difference apart from "the practicals" , like how do they differ in the way the examiner marks our paper, and what about the syllabus, and about the paper itself :3

Reaction score
I'd Appreciate if you could tell me what's the difference apart from "the practicals" , like how do they differ in the way the examiner marks our paper, and what about the syllabus, and about the paper itself :3
Alright, Look first of all if you want practical then u'll have to go for CIE A Levels and CIE A Levels' exams are held in jeddah not in riyadh or qassim. Secondly, for practicals u need to have a good lab and equipements and moreover, u have to study and do practicals for atleast 3-4 months for getting familiar with it i.e reducing mistakes and errors. BUT in-case of ATPs u just have to study the prescribed book by the board and practise some past papers and u can ace them. U don't need a teacher for that and u can give these ATPs in Buraidah n riyadh as well. :) Thats the difference. And yea examiners would give u full marks for the correct answer in ATPs but in practicals they'd deduct ur marks on even minor errors.

Hope that answers your question. :D

Reaction score
Alright, Look first of all if you want practical then u'll have to go for CIE A Levels and CIE A Levels' exams are held in jeddah not in riyadh or qassim. Secondly, for practicals u need to have a good lab and equipements and moreover, u have to study and do practicals for atleast 3-4 months for getting familiar with it i.e reducing mistakes and errors. BUT in-case of ATPs u just have to study the prescribed book by the board and practise some past papers and u can ace them. U don't need a teacher for that and u can give these ATPs in Buraidah n riyadh as well. :) Thats the difference.

I'm ever so thankful ! =)
I'm gonna do AS Chemistry and Biology, I'm gonna go for the Edexcel board, but thing is, I hear quite often that Edexcel examiners, mark our papers way too strict! In fact it's seldom I find Edexcel candidates scoring As or A*, Is it true?

Reaction score
I'm ever so thankful ! =)
I'm gonna do AS Chemistry and Biology, I'm gonna go for the Edexcel board, but thing is, I hear quite often that Edexcel examiners, mark our papers way too strict! In fact it's seldom I find Edexcel candidates scoring As or A*, Is it true?
Well, about marking its NOT true. The problem is students appear for CIE O'Levels and then ed-excel a'levels. Mostly students solve the past papers and their exam papers with the pattern of CIE. Ed-excel and CIE, both have different pattern! So, if u want A* in ed-excel u'll have to go through all the examiner reports and solve ur exam papers according to the examiner reports!

Reaction score
Well, about marking its NOT true. The problem is students appear for CIE O'Levels and then ed-excel a'levels. Mostly students solve the past papers and their exam papers with the pattern of CIE. Ed-excel and CIE, both have different pattern! So, if u want A* in ed-excel u'll have to go through all the examiner reports and solve ur exam papers according to the examiner reports!

This REALLY helped! Thanks A lot!! *_*

Reaction score
hello everyone , hope you are doing good!
i need some suggestions in biology AS edexcel . some background:
- got an A* in biology cambridge Olevel along with other subjects.
- read the book alot
- solved a lot of pastpapers.
- solved ALOT of pastpapers.
incase you are wondering , i am in riyadh .
now after all that i got a really bad grade even though i know almost everything in the syllabus and after rechecking nothing happened. not only that but most of the people i know - private tuition - got similar grades , even though many of them got A star in O level ! now i am reappearing for it in january IAL. so any idea how to study ,tips,etc. thus preventing this from happening again?
much appreciated

Reaction score
I have just passed Cambridge O'Level and now i want to give a'level in edexcel as there is absence of well equipped laboratory...so my question to u is that will i be facing any problem if i do this?Could you please explain the 'pattern' difference?Is edexcel really so different?Please help me out!!!What is the pattern of Edexcel?I want to give mathematics,physics and chemistry......it would be really helpful if you would help.........:)

Reaction score
hello everyone , hope you are doing good!
i need some suggestions in biology AS edexcel . some background:
- got an A* in biology cambridge Olevel along with other subjects.
- read the book alot
- solved a lot of pastpapers.
- solved ALOT of pastpapers.
incase you are wondering , i am in riyadh .
now after all that i got a really bad grade even though i know almost everything in the syllabus and after rechecking nothing happened. not only that but most of the people i know - private tuition - got similar grades , even though many of them got A star in O level ! now i am reappearing for it in january IAL. so any idea how to study ,tips,etc. thus preventing this from happening again?
much appreciated
Go through all examiner reports and the solve the past papers according to the examiner reports.

Reaction score
I have just passed Cambridge O'Level and now i want to give a'level in edexcel as there is absence of well equipped laboratory...so my question to u is that will i be facing any problem if i do this?Could you please explain the 'pattern' difference?Is edexcel really so different?Please help me out!!!What is the pattern of Edexcel?I want to give mathematics,physics and chemistry......it would be really helpful if you would help.........:)

well the syllabus is almost the same but u'll have to go through all the examiner reports. Coz the pattern of edexcel is quiet different from cie.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot........will i actually understand the pattern by going through the examiner reports?It would be really helpful if you could explain a bit more on pattern......is there any book for alternative to practical(physics and chemistry)?

Reaction score
Thanks a lot........will i actually understand the pattern by going through the examiner reports?It would be really helpful if you could explain a bit more on pattern......is there any book for alternative to practical(physics and chemistry)?
Well, yea u'll understand the pattern by going through the examiner reports. Well, just study Physics book recommended by Pearson n u'll do good in ATP. All ATPs are from the book. Actually ATPs are not that difficult in edexcel but u'll have to go through all the examiner reports. and i just completed the books n got A in both ATPs. So, don't worry u'll do good. inshaALLAH.

Hope that helps.