• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pure Maths 31

Reaction score
I think it is mixed of vdu/dx-udv/dx / v^2 and implicit after that by substituting y with the given equation but then I also got stuck the mark scheme not giving the final form of the expression

Reaction score
Oh wait the final expression is given itself in the question, the gradient. I'll check my work

Reaction score
Oh yes, I got the answer, first do what I said and then get dy/dx as subject after implicit differentiation, then simplify it, you get to the point where you have to multiply by (1+x)^(1/2) / (1+x)^(1/2) then you will see difference of two squares, there bingo good luck

Reaction score
is there anyway you can give me a detail explanation. where did the implicit differentiation come from?

Reaction score
differentiate both sides, one by quotient and the other half by implicit because it contains y^2

Reaction score
Hi. I need to know when we use vector cross product and what the reason for using it is. What is the outcome of doing vector product?
Thanks in advance.
-Arjun

Reaction score
Hi. I need to know when we use vector cross product and what the reason for using it is. What is the outcome of doing vector product?
Thanks in advance.
-Arjun
im not too strong with the vectors but the cross product gives us a vector which is perpendicular to the plane or several vectors on the plane