• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Query about A levels

Reaction score
Hi, am new to this community.
As all other students am really confused in between A levels nd FSC.. i know it's old query, buh it's seems new to one who is facing it currently.. My grades in O levels are not really well or you could say really bad tho..
O levels first year i scored very well buh in second year my grades lowered (coz sum personal reasons) which had let my spirits down..
It seems to me like nothing is coming up good to my future next.. :( Can anybody give me opinion what should i go for, A levels or FSC ?

Reaction score
As all other students am really confused in between A levels nd FSC.. i know it's old query, buh it's seems new to one who is facing it currently.. My grades in O levels are not really well or you could say really bad tho..
O levels first year i scored very well buh in second year my grades lowered (coz sum personal reasons) which had let my spirits down..
It seems to me like nothing is coming up good to my future next.. :( Can anybody give me opinion what should i go for, A levels or FSC ?

even if one cant do well in olevels he/she can easily score good grades in Alevels after hardword ....secondly in most of medical uni the entry test is based on FSC course and i have heard from lot of students that after completing their Alevels they also prepare for fsc so that they can do well in entry tests ......
p.s ...one of my seniour got distinctions in Alevels and even he couldnt get Admission in Agha khan or any good unis just bcz he didnt prepare fsc .....

Reaction score
even if one cant do well in olevels he/she can easily score good grades in Alevels after hardword ....secondly in most of medical uni the entry test is based on FSC course and i have heard from lot of students that after completing their Alevels they also prepare for fsc so that they can do well in entry tests ......
p.s ...one of my seniour got distinctions in Alevels and even he couldnt get Admission in Agha khan or any good unis just bcz he didnt prepare fsc .....

Yes i truly agree with u hassan....
But once u want to continue your further studies in pak and that too medical...ur olvls result counts a lot coz they add up olvls marks to alvls..so even if ur alvls grades are really good ...it wouldnt really help to increase the aggregate percentage..:(

Reaction score
I would suggest u to continue with alvls . Work really hard...
Btw r u aiming to apply in privatemedical colleges or government???

Reaction score
But once u want to continue your further studies in pak and that too medical...ur olvls result counts a lot coz they add up olvls marks to alvls..so even if ur alvls grades are really good ...it wouldnt really help to increase the aggregate percentage..:(
i know that olevels result matters alot :)

Reaction score
Yeah i know ve prepare from FSC course too, afterwards..
Thankyu for sugesstion bro

Reaction score
Huffff.. disappointed listenin to it :cry:

Reaction score
It's really difficult for me choco.. as my parents won't allow this to me, they want me to focus "Further"..
Hmm i see.. But u can discuss this matter with ur parents.. Coz even if u get A*s in alvls ..ur aggregate percntage on equivalance cert.. Wouldn't be more than 60-65% ...and u need to have atleast 65% to apply in medical colleges in pak..

Reaction score
Hmm i see.. But u can discuss this matter with ur parents.. Coz even if u get A*s in alvls ..ur aggregate percntage on equivalance cert.. Wouldn't be more than 60-65% ...and u need to have atleast 65% to apply in medical colleges in pak..

Yeah it seems now i need to discuss with them too..
Can yu plz guide me a little that, how to equivalate my numbers.. wanna know the method what they follow for equivalance certificate ?