• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

question about isolating mechanism

Reaction score
can you be specific about what you want to know?
i mean do you not understand either the allopatric OR sympatric speciation because these are what result in "speciation"( making of a new species) making it reproductively isolated from others.
let me know what part you dont get so i can start from there.

Reaction score
i use the Mary Jones Biology book, i think they did not mention about the isolating mechanisn, or they use another word instead of isolating mechanism. and for arhama, is allopatric and sympatric mechanism already a part of isolating mechanism?

Reaction score
camwell
allopatric and sympatric speciation cause reproductive isolation.

first and foremost do you understand what sympatric speciation AND allopatric speciation is.....? and how they are caused? and how they effect the specie being subjected to either of the mechansims? let me know if you dont get the terminology at all because the moment you do this whole topic of "reproductive isloation" will become clear, instantly.

hope it helps.

Reaction score
mary jones book is fine. you have the world's info on internet. take a step...and run a search on allopatric speciation and take down notes from which ever site you feel is comprehensible enough.
i would be more than happy to help you out with this chapter. dont worry about books much man, seriously.
sorry for replying late, been busy with chemistry(hate it)