• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Question regarding University

Reaction score
Hello XPC!
So I have just completed my O levels first year and have sat the exams of Pak Studies, Islamiat and Urdu, so technically I have 3 years until I go to University.
My question is, What do I have to do to get into the best universities (preferably US) on full (or slightly less) scholarships. I know my question is slightly obscure :p but I mean, other than excellent grades, what else do I need to do? e.g. community service, Co-Curricular Activities and all that shizzle.
One other thing... Is it too early to start researching universities...because I have already started doing research. I am also planning to give IELTS test after my O levels. Is this going to be helpful?
I'm also planning to work with NGO's in the summer after my O levels, will that benefit my chances of getting into a uni?
Honestly, getting into the best uni has sort of been a life-long goal for me and I don't even know why... :p
I know my question is a bit muddled up but it would be grateful of you guys to give me any sort of guidelines.
(P.S. My acadamic records are quite good, I will (Inshallah/If Allah wills) hopefully get good grades in my O levels (and A-Levels Inshallah), I am willing to work really hard, but what I have noticed is that Foreign universities do not only consider the academic abilities of an individual but also his involvement in ECA's and stuff.