• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Question related to MCAT 2013 Syllabus

Reaction score
I will be appearing for UHS entrance test this year Insha'Allah!! I have a question related to biology the chapter concerning Animal and Plant Kingdom. The syllabus makes no mention of Phylum Mollusca,Phylum Echinodermata,Class Amphibia,Class Reptilia etc. Neither does it mention Hepaticopsida,Bryopsida,Anthoceropsida etc under the category Plant Kingdom.

The (UHS Syllabus)clearly mentions economic importance with reference to food and other usefulness:Cassia,Solanaceae and Graminae(ONLY).These (the ones I mentioned above)topics are part of the Punjab Textbook so I'm concerned by the fact that can we leave these topics and focus only on those mentioned in the UHS Syllabus?Any person who has appeared in MCAT please reply as soon as possible.Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
smile.png

Reaction score
I will be appearing for UHS entrance test this year Insha'Allah!! I have a question related to biology the chapter concerning Animal and Plant Kingdom. The syllabus makes no mention of Phylum Mollusca,Phylum Echinodermata,Class Amphibia,Class Reptilia etc. Neither does it mention Hepaticopsida,Bryopsida,Anthoceropsida etc under the category Plant Kingdom.

The (UHS Syllabus)clearly mentions economic importance with reference to food and other usefulness:Cassia,Solanaceae and Graminae(ONLY).These (the ones I mentioned above)topics are part of the Punjab Textbook so I'm concerned by the fact that can we leave these topics and focus only on those mentioned in the UHS Syllabus?Any person who has appeared in MCAT please reply as soon as possible.Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
smile.png

As far as I have observed, stick to the syllabus. If, by the end, you feel you know the syllabus content by heart, then you can focus on doing these topics from the book. For now I'd say, skip them, and move on.