• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Questions before starting AS

Reaction score
I just finished with my IGCSE's so was wondering if any one to answer a few questions for me.
1. Is GCE AS and A level the same as International AS and A level.
2. If I am aiming to become a doctor (In shaa Allah) do i need to take mathematics in As and A level? And if so, which type of math is suitable for science students (I've heard there are different types)
Thankyou !!

Reaction score
I just finished with my IGCSE's so was wondering if any one to answer a few questions for me.
1. Is GCE AS and A level the same as International AS and A level.
2. If I am aiming to become a doctor (In shaa Allah) do i need to take mathematics in As and A level? And if so, which type of math is suitable for science students (I've heard there are different types)
Thankyou !!
The answer to your first questions is: YES they are the same thing.
Second question depends on the country where u will be going to University as each country/university has its requirements.

Reaction score
Having mathematics is always an advantage, P1,P3,M1, S1 is the easiest combination to get a high score on :) very few people would actually look at the components u took, and good grades matter irrespective of where u apply to :)