• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

QUESTIONS OF CHEMISTRY ATP OCT/NOV 2013 (50700

Reaction score
HALLO GYS I HAVE GIVEN A PAPPER OF CHEMISTRY ATP TODAY THE QUESTION WHICH I COULD REMEMBER ARE POSTED!
Sodiam hudroxide was added to water the temprature change in thermomometer was given and you have to find the temprature change

actually the temp was increased the next qusetion was what type of process has occured in tgis reaction the answer was exothermin rection!
and in next qustion you have to drow the energy profile diagrame ! and you have to write the product sodium hydroxide at right side and you have to label enthalpy change!

the next question was how to preapare ammonium nitrtae ! you all know this:)

and the next was write the name of any other fertiliser except ammonium nitrate
and the next was you have to tell the test of nitrate ion !

and in tick cross portion there were only to complicated qusteion other was easy on question was how to obtain pure water from sodium choloride you have to tick on frictional distillation :)
and othere MCQ was related to organic chemistry the 1 mole of alken react with one mole of bromine somthing like that i dont remember

and other section was test of anion and cation ! this was easy at the end the examinar ask that what was the formula of compound! anser was al2(so4)3

other section was all about calculation it was easy! the last one qustion was about electrlysis it was also easy!
THANKS

Reaction score
HALLO GYS I HAVE GIVEN A PAPPER OF CHEMISTRY ATP TODAY THE QUESTION WHICH I COULD REMEMBER ARE POSTED!
Sodiam hudroxide was added to water the temprature change in thermomometer was given and you have to find the temprature change

actually the temp was increased the next qusetion was what type of process has occured in tgis reaction the answer was exothermin rection!
and in next qustion you have to drow the energy profile diagrame ! and you have to write the product sodium hydroxide at right side and you have to label enthalpy change!

the next question was how to preapare ammonium nitrtae ! you all know this:)

and the next was write the name of any other fertiliser except ammonium nitrate
and the next was you have to tell the test of nitrate ion !

and in tick cross portion there were only to complicated qusteion other was easy on question was how to obtain pure water from sodium choloride you have to tick on frictional distillation :)
and othere MCQ was related to organic chemistry the 1 mole of alken react with one mole of bromine somthing like that i dont remember

and other section was test of anion and cation ! this was easy at the end the examinar ask that what was the formula of compound! anser was al2(so4)3

other section was all about calculation it was easy! the last one qustion was about electrlysis it was also easy!
THANKS

For first question in table we had T2 = 28 and T1 = 23 and temp change was 5 degrees Celcius
About ammonium nitrate, I wanna confirm what was the procedure you wrote?
Also for the titration question the color change was from Green to colourless.
because Fe 2+ ions are green in colour and after KMnO4 oxidizes Fe 2+ to Fe 3+ a colourless solution is formed.
For titration the average volume was 26.5 cm^3
Are these answers correct?

Reaction score
for first question which you have asked i have written: ADD AQUEOUS AMMONIA IN TO NITRIC ACID WITH INDICATOR ! REPEAT THE EXPERIMENT WITHOUT INDICATOR HEAT THE SOLUTION OR EVAPORATE THE SOLUTION TILL CRYSTALLIZATION POINT
AND SECOND:YES IT WAS GREEN TO COLOURELESS I HAVE ALSO WRITTEN THIS!

Reaction score
for first question which you have asked i have written: ADD AQUEOUS AMMONIA IN TO NITRIC ACID WITH INDICATOR ! REPEAT THE EXPERIMENT WITHOUT INDICATOR HEAT THE SOLUTION OR EVAPORATE THE SOLUTION TILL CRYSTALLIZATION POINT
AND SECOND:YES IT WAS GREEN TO COLOURELESS I HAVE ALSO WRITTEN THIS!

dude they didnt ask you to prepare ammonium nitrate through titration. They just wanted to know how to obtain crystals of ammonium nitrate from aqueous ammonium nitrate

And for the average the values were
26.4 and 26.6

Reaction score
umm that ammonium question should be heat the solution to crystallisation point,leave it to cool and dry the crystals between filter paper?

Reaction score
CAN ANY ON TELL ME WHAT WAS LAST PART OF LAST QUESTION I THINKS SECOND LAST WAS WHAT WAS THE COLOURE OF ELECTROLYTE BEFORE nd after and what was last can any one tell me!

Reaction score
CAN ANY ON TELL ME WHAT WAS LAST PART OF LAST QUESTION I THINKS SECOND LAST WAS WHAT WAS THE COLOURE OF ELECTROLYTE BEFORE nd after and what was last can any one tell me!

Yeah if copper electrodes are used,the colour will still remain blue as the concentration of the cu2+ ions in the elctrolyte did not change... :)

Reaction score
but i dont think that you have to write copper electrode becouse in quetion he did no mention any thing about purifyng copper this copper electrodes are used only in purifying copper ! and he did not mention that mass of anode is decreased HE ONLY MENTIONED THAT COPPER IS DEPOSITED AT ANODE! SO I THINK THAT WE HAVE TO WRIT CARBON OR GRAPHITE ELECTRODE :)

Reaction score
i know that..but you are telling answer of another question :p
I'm talking about the last question..

Reaction score
YES I WAS ALSO ASKING ABOUT LAST QUESTION OF LAST PART AND YOU ARE TELLING ME SECOND LAST PART:X3::ROFLMAO::) :LOL::p CAN YOU TELL WAHT WAS LAST PART AND HOW MANY MARKS IT CONTAINED LAST PART ONLY ?(n)

Reaction score
yaar can any one tell me about graph question ho was the line drone were there 1 line or 2 lines? and how was the line?

Reaction score
yaar can any one tell me about graph question ho was the line drone were there 1 line or 2 lines? and how was the line?

two lines should intersect in the first graph and the second graph should go from 0 to the top right corner and label it S