• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Quick Help! A or AS Level?

Reaction score
Which one to choose,
A or AS Level?

I have done O Level and can't decide.. I am really confused.

I am a science student, i downloaded the slybuss and found that A level Physics/Chemistry have 5 papers and AS Level Physics/Chemistry have 3 papers.
Which one to choose? Which one is Easy?

Please give a descriptive reply, I am really confused. Your help will be vital in my future.

This is my first post, looking forward for you replies.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
AS is basically a sub part of A level. In order to complete A level, you must go through AS. So for the 1st year, you complete AS and the 2nd year you complete whole of the A level. This means you have to give all the papers, for eg in chemistry, you have you give paper 1,2,3,4 and 5. All of them.

Reaction score
AS Level is not a separate degree or qualification. It's just a part of A'levels. You give 3 papers in the first year which constitutes the AS Level and then you give further 2 papers in the second year, which constitutes A'levels which is actually a qualification and is accepted as a pre-university course around the world. Whereas, AS level on its own is just a part that has to be completed with A2 to make A'levels.