• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Quick Question regarding physics As level phy syllabus.

Reaction score
They're more or less asking us to be able label axes and give columns the correct headings and units.

By labeling axes in a sense that, if they give us the label of the x axis and its units, we'd have to to be able to write the corresponding y axis label as well as its units. I've seen this appear quite a bit in MCQ's.

eg. If we're talking about waves, and the question mentions wavelength, and the y axis is labelled displacement. The x axis would have to be labelled distance.
If the question mentioned time period, then the x axis would have to be time.

As for giving columns the correct headings, I believe this coincides well with what's asked of us in Paper 3.
Those questions where they ask us to take 6 readings etc, we need to know what headings to put in each column, and also include the units.
eg. SNo./ M ( m) / T (s) / T^2/M (s^2m^-1)

Hope this helped! ^_^

Reaction score
They're more or less asking us to be able label axes and give columns the correct headings and units.

By labeling axes in a sense that, if they give us the label of the x axis and its units, we'd have to to be able to write the corresponding y axis label as well as its units. I've seen this appear quite a bit in MCQ's.

eg. If we're talking about waves, and the question mentions wavelength, and the y axis is labelled displacement. The x axis would have to be labelled distance.
If the question mentioned time period, then the x axis would have to be time.

As for giving columns the correct headings, I believe this coincides well with what's asked of us in Paper 3.
Those questions where they ask us to take 6 readings etc, we need to know what headings to put in each column, and also include the units.
eg. SNo./ M ( m) / T (s) / T^2/M (s^2m^-1)

Hope this helped! ^_^
Awesome, ty.