• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

RE:Help

Reaction score
Salam brothers,I gave my Alevel papers Physics,chem,bio and math.I got a B in Math,C in physics and two Ds in chem and bio.My bio paper went good and i expected an A or B.My english is weak could that be the problem getting bad grades and if anyone of you has had a problem like me and resolved it plz help me as i am tensed ill not get into university.

Reaction score
The only thing that you can do for the time being is get your papers rechecked. Also, talk to your school councilor and ask him to send a copy of your mock result to CIE if the results are good. There are different packages for rechecking. Some are cheap while others expensive. Choose the expensive one so that there is higher chance of getting improved grades. Remember, your career is very important so don't compromise on money.

Reaction score
to improve ur english u should alot of novels n talk to some one who can ONLY understand english!
good luck!!!
donot hesitate to go to uni!! there r a billion ppl like u in uni's!so cheer up!

Reaction score
ll start reading novels yes but does english affect my grade?and i am giving a retake of chemistry in oct nov so should i study myself or take tutuion..Those ppl who got As plz tell me a good way to study,good notes and textbooks to study from.
And plz tell me is there a role of Olevel chemistry in Alevels

Reaction score
There are a lot of cemistry notes on the forum. You can take tuition but it depends entirely on your ability. Do a lot of past papers.

Reaction score
English doesn't affect your grades in phy, chem and bio, unless you write in such English that examiner doesn't understand what you have written.

Reaction score
as far as i know english doesnt affect your grade.
whether you write is or was or will.as long as your point is clear your will gain marks.
for english i suppose read newspapers not novels.you are in the stage of age that doesnt have time to go for novels.may be after 20.

Reaction score
mahadamjad18 said:
ll start reading novels yes but does english affect my grade?and i am giving a retake of chemistry in oct nov so should i study myself or take tutuion..Those ppl who got As plz tell me a good way to study,good notes and textbooks to study from.
And plz tell me is there a role of Olevel chemistry in Alevels
ofcourse english affects!! what will happen when u can't explain ur statement??come on ppl just grow up, we always need english!
u should take tution for chemistry as its not an easy subject specially for ur case!!
cambridge endrosed AS and A levels book is the best one!!
don't go for anyother!!

Reaction score
tution is great but not reallly necessary.
i studied alone at home for all three of my subjects and got 2A* and an A in one year
just dont get lazy. the internet is of massive use and so are books, dont only read tution notes, get well prepared.