• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Read this please........many people made this mistake in physics paper 2 the previous years.

Reaction score
I'm not saying you don't know this or anything, it turns out many have not been able to answer this type of question in previous years, according to the chief examiner.
Ok, so there is a system where a load hangs by a wire or a rope, anything that can have tension.
The wire is moving upwards/accelerating.
The mass of the object is given, and you have to calculate the tension.

REMEMBER THIS:
The tension in the wire is always = Weight of the load + (mass of load × acceleration)

People got confused and included only the w or the ma.

IF it is moving at constant velocity, the acceleration = 0 and only in this case the tension is equal to the weight of the body.

Reaction score
can u help me with the formula
wavelength = ax/D
increasing and decreasing condition?? i dont get them plzzz.... be quick its my exam tomorrow !!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I'm not saying you don't know this or anything, it turns out many have not been able to answer this type of question in previous years, according to the chief examiner.
Ok, so there is a system where a load hangs by a wire or a rope, anything that can have tension.
The wire is moving upwards/accelerating.
The mass of the object is given, and you have to calculate the tension.

REMEMBER THIS:
The tension in the wire is always = Weight of the load + (mass of load × acceleration)

People got confused and included only the w or the ma.

IF it is moving at constant velocity, the acceleration = 0 and only in this case the tension is equal to the weight of the body.
I don't get it isn't weight of the load equal to mass of the load
*acceleration

Reaction score
its like mechanics, tension (upward force) minus weight (downward force) is equal to acceleration (ma)