• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Recommended plan of action for a 'B' grade

Reaction score
Quite unexpectedly, I ended up having a 'B' grade in AS Level Business Studies (although I still have 'A' grades to my credit in Accounts and Economics). The problem is, of course, linked to my ambition to achieve an 'A' grade in A-levels in Business Studies (at least). My question would be, among many others, shall I re-take the examination, have the paper re-checked, or shall I simply 'move over' it and try to pump up my percentage in Paper 3 of Business Studies to achieve any possibilities of staying true to my original aim (to get an A).
Furthermore, would we be having the percentages printed on the Statement of Results this year? I plan to pursue a career in Accountancy, most likely study for Chartered Accountancy. Would my 'B' grade in Business Studies affect my chances for exemptions in specific CA papers? I would be quite pleased were I to collect some useful advice from here.

Reaction score
I say give a retake and if still get a bad grade, get over it.
If you live in Pakistan then %s will not be printed.
For CA, accounts is required for exception from few of the modules. Well this is what i heard. Lets see what others have to say.