• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

REPEATING EXAMS SUCKS!!!!!

Reaction score
Allah knows why I am hell annoyed.....damn repeating exam sucks i dont know why it hurts me soooo bad and makes me feel i am sooo stupid
damn i wish i cud use the f word right now
DAMN!!!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
That is quite normal!
Just find a picture of what you want to achieve. Say you want to be a Doctor. Find a picture of a Doctor operating a patient or something like that and stick it up somewhere prominent. That should motivate you to concentrate when that "Oh I'm studying all this again" feeling creeps up on you. Remember the feeling you had when you got those bad grades. " You are going to get good grades this time and make your parents proud " tell this to yourself time and again.
Repeating exam does annoy you, but you have to improve your grade come hail or load-shedding!
BEST OF LUCK =)

Reaction score
But my question is I got an A* in english Olevel last year and i used to practice papers with my friend who was really excellent in english and always used to get top marks
she used to give me 63 to 70 a good mark to get at least a B u know
and my standard didnt usually fell i always used to try hard and she used to say this one was better than the last
P.S i had no teachers avaiable for me
i mean why a D??????
god this kills me

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Are you saying that you got a D in your English Language AS level?

Reaction score
OMG its sooo hard to controll my anger right now!! am soo bad in english????

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
No, you are not. Giving a single subject is very easy. Plus, "The one legged never stumble." You will do well this time, Insha'Allah :D

Reaction score
I am not repeating english i am giving maths (81), chem(74) and phy(71) this oct nov
and my got my thiking skills are horrible too.maybe bcs i was stupid enough to giv the exam without any sort of help from teachers( didnt have ne)
just read the book)
and a stupid C and thats even barely!!!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
This doesn't make any sense. 'A' in Mathematics is quite an achievement. Why are you re-taking it?
You got 'D' in English, aren't you going to re-take that? And is this your AS-level result or the whole A-level one?

Reaction score
only AS level.......no i am not retaking english...i wanted to giv these subjcts because i wanted to see what i do, its not that i didnt even study anything for these two subs, I did.
apparently it wasnt really enough .........or i dunno may be i suck at english or smthing like that...............I simply hav no clue what happened!

Reaction score
dear sadman,
m confused here. are you repeating english language? or maths n other subjects?

Reaction score
sadman, u need not repeat maths! u got A grade man! they r few to get it. that proves you have no ordinary brains.
secondly, i would mention it to all dat grades DO NOT define you, they DONT prove whether you are intelligent or not. u got a D in english, not because your english is bad but other reasons contributed;
you dint have teachers. i know dat makes a whole lot of difference.
you might have not performed ur best AT THAT TIME.
or you might not have practised to the required level since we had others more chunky subjects to deal with.

wat am saying is there might be othr reasons which are presently far from our understanding. but dont let your grades EVER let you doubt your intelligence. n remember this isnt the end of the world. easier said than done, i know.
but try try and try, and atlast you ll win. i see you as a dreamer, you ll oneday acheive something far greater than these petty grades which nobdy would even remember after 2 years :D

Reaction score
Ah raza arent you my knight in shining armour!!!
hey pm me man do send me your yahoo id............i could use a study bud like you!!!
and i have one question how could you see me as a dreamer???(which is freakishly true)
i already send u a pm with mine!!!!

Reaction score
*blush* thanks man!
i dont know. this thought of you being a dreamer striked me outta nowhere when i saw your this post. but i knew i wasnt wrong =)

Reaction score
ahhh a pretty good analysis of character!!!
and didnt u get my pm??

Reaction score
Nibz said:
That is quite normal!
Just find a picture of what you want to achieve. Say you want to be a Doctor. Find a picture of a Doctor operating a patient or something like that and stick it up somewhere prominent. That should motivate you to concentrate when that "Oh I'm studying all this again" feeling creeps up on you. Remember the feeling you had when you got those bad grades. " You are going to get good grades this time and make your parents proud " tell this to yourself time and again.
Repeating exam does annoy you, but you have to improve your grade come hail or load-shedding!
BEST OF LUCK =)
You make us feel better! :)