• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Requirements to enter Cambridge university...

Reaction score
Well let me break it down to you, 5 or more A levels yes, with top grades (A*'s) in all of them thats just to secure a place, there is going to be lots of competition so you need to be safe by working you're eyes off!?, plus you need respectable GCSE or IGCSE, not stars really but the good ol' straight A's could be enough, moreover you need to be intellectual as in work on yourself be knowledgeable read books you need this thirst of knowledge, it takes serious guts and you need work experience in whatever field you're going to be working with, you need to work hard, join programs overseas etc................

Reaction score
Well let me break it down to you, 5 or more A levels yes, with top grades (A*'s) in all of them thats just to secure a place, there is going to be lots of competition so you need to be safe by working you're eyes off!?, plus you need respectable GCSE or IGCSE, not stars really but the good ol' straight A's could be enough, moreover you need to be intellectual as in work on yourself be knowledgeable read books you need this thirst of knowledge, it takes serious guts and you need work experience in whatever field you're going to be working with, you need to work hard, join programs overseas etc................
thx for advice and 8 gcse's is enough ryt?

Reaction score
Any help plz !
Its really hard to get into Cambridge University..I mean u have to be realllllly smart and above all get A* in every subject u take in A-levels...not to mention the fees..
To sum it up if u are really aiming to get into Cambridge University i hope u understand what u are getting yourself into =)

Reaction score
Any help plz !
Write a great personal statement and get a great reference.
Your O level grades should be one of the top ones in your school. Distinctions would be great.
A's in your internal exams of alevels. i.e the transcript. Cambridge requires a transcript.
All sorts of other stuff that top universities require.

And then you might get an interview call.

Reaction score
You really need to make them believe that you are passionate about the course you are applying for.
I got an interview call and they took my interview via Skype. But they didn't offer me a place because they thought my interest in architecture was quite nascent and i didn't have enough knowledge of it.
Even though i had all the required grades in the required subjects. Straight A*s in O's and straight A's in AS.

Reaction score
Getting into Cambridge is really tough. You need to get straight A*s in A levels just to get considered. I believe they don't just look into academics.Nobody really knows what is their exact criteria based on which they offer admission to students. This means that even if you have flawless academic results, you are not guaranteed to get admission there.

Reaction score
You need to have a passion for the subject you're applying in and prove it via you personal statement and interview!

Other than academics, that's their criteria.

Reaction score
You really need to make them believe that you are passionate about the course you are applying for.
I got an interview call and they took my interview via Skype. But they didn't offer me a place because they thought my interest in architecture was quite nascent and i didn't have enough knowledge of it.
Even though i had all the required grades in the required subjects. Straight A*s in O's and straight A's in AS.
What did they ask you in the interview?

Reaction score
What did they ask you in the interview?
it was an hour long..... and it's been almost a year, so i can't recall.
just stuff from my personal statement,
favourite architects,
a bit about pakistani architecture.

Reaction score
Personal statement and a good knowledge of the course you are applying for counts the most. Yes you do need grades too. But most of the students get rejected due to the statement or the interview.

Reaction score
Just one thing you should know and that is if u wish to enter Cambridge....u must have at least one to two A*s in the subjects u have chosen....and also if u are shortlisted for an interview....try not to prepare too much....because they just want to see how u think...:)