• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Result Percentages

Reaction score
Do we got percentages in a level?Because people post about their 92% or 85% in results threads.Or is it only for A level and not for AS?

Reaction score
The percentages are released only in some countries, alongside the grade on the statement of results. Both in O-Level/IGCSE and AS/A-Level.
But not in Pakistan, and some other countries, idk why.

Reaction score
The percentages are released only in some countries, alongside the grade on the statement of results. Both in O-Level/IGCSE and AS/A-Level.
But not in Pakistan, and some other countries, idk why.
Why????I mean why doesnt anyone talk about this kind of stuff! :/

Reaction score
Why????I mean why doesnt anyone talk about this kind of stuff! :/

I asked my school principal, and she said they weren't released and the school only gets component grades, not marks.
But some of the people i know from other countries have percentages on their results, of may-june 2014.
Even those who check online, from other countries have the percentage in brackets alongside the grade. Like ''Physics (86)''..

But not in Pakistan, for some reason.
They used to be released in Pakistan before 2011, as you already know. But not now.

We deserve to see our marks, and percentages!

Reaction score
I asked my school principal, and she said they weren't released and the school only gets component grades, not marks.
But some of the people i know from other countries have percentages on their results, of may-june 2014.
Even those who check online, from other countries have the percentage in brackets alongside the grade. Like ''Physics (86)''..

But not in Pakistan, for some reason.
They used to be released in Pakistan before 2011, as you already know. But not now.

We deserve to see our marks, and percentages!
Exactly.So we can have a general idea of how well we've done,like if we get 99 in chem and 78 in maths,we can be sure to focus more on maths so we can end up with like 93 in chem and 86 in maths,instead of overall 97 in chem and 79 in maths in AL.What is the reason behind this stuff!!!!

Reaction score
Exactly.So we can have a general idea of how well we've done,like if we get 99 in chem and 78 in maths,we can be sure to focus more on maths so we can end up with like 93 in chem and 86 in maths,instead of overall 97 in chem and 79 in maths in AL.What is the reason behind this stuff!!!!

Yeah, even i don't know the reason!

No one is even contacting CIE, and asking them to change this stupid policy!

Reaction score
And yeah got the message frm CIE on Fb;1 solution to all queries:"Please contact the examination officer at ur centre or if u,re private then the council where u gave ur exams for queries" :D ..I mean this is their answer to almost all their queries

Reaction score
And yeah got the message frm CIE on Fb;1 solution to all queries:"Please contact the examination officer at ur centre or if u,re private then the council where u gave ur exams for queries" :D ..I mean this is their answer to almost all their queries

I got the exact same reply to my email! -__-

And then my reply: ''What the hell is this! You didn't even answer my question. I already told you that the examination officer doesn't know how to get percentages. Why aren't they released in Pakistan? WHY! Did you even read my email? Damn you.. CIE. DAMN YOU!"

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]And then my reply: ''What the hell is this! You didn't even answer my question. I already told you that the examination officer doesn't know how to get percentages. Why aren't they released in Pakistan? WHY! Did you even read my email? Damn you.. CIE. DAMN YOU!"[/QUOTE]
Chal beta if u gave ur candidate number or pk number u,re gonna have a bad time in A levels :p