• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Results

Reaction score
Hi . Hope everything is going well with you . I am still awaiting my O'level results coming in around 5 days !
What subjects do you think will be re-adjusted in terms of marks !
Like if an A mark is 80 , some subjects may be reduced to 74 for an A .

Reaction score
Hi . Hope everything is going well with you . I am still awaiting my O'level results coming in around 5 days !
me too awaiting my O level result
it depends on the difficulty of the paper which influences the percentile
for example, an easy paper for most of the candidates will give a high percentile, thus to get an A u might need 85 or any other no above 80
but for a difficult paper, the percentile will be lower, thus in order to get an A u might need 75 or any other no. less than 80

Reaction score
If a paper is difficult the thresholds will be lowered using statistical evidence. If a paper is easier the thresholds are raised.
For example if in November 2013 the Additional Mathematics Olevel examination was slightly more difficult than the June 2013 Examination so the thereshold may be lowered. But comparisions will be made with previous examination sessions in order to finally agree on a thereshold.
So sometimes for an A the thereshold can be as high as 90% or as low as 76-79%
In Olevels the theresholds for A* do not drop as low as 70-75% like they do in Alevels.

Although it has rarely happened that A stood at 74%. 76-77% is usually the minimum.
In any case. Good Luck for your results.

Reaction score
Thank you a lot .
Just one last question if for example , the thresholds are increased or decreased for the mark A , will mark B be affected ?