• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

RIDDLES!!!!

Reaction score
leosco1995 said:
You drive a bus from California all the way to New York. When the bus stops at its first stop, 27 passengers get in. When the bus stops at the second bus stop, 12 more people get in and 8 people get off. At the third bus stop, 14 passengers get off and 4 people get in. After 9 hours, the bus reaches arrives in New York.Question: What is the name of the driver?

Uhm, i guess alphabravocharlie. :D

leosco1995 said:
Where can you find August before July?

In your question. :unknown:

Reaction score
What always runs but never walks, often murmurs, never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats?

Reaction score
alphabravocharlie said:
Uhm, i guess alphabravocharlie.
Nope. :p Read the whole riddle again.

Where can you find August before July?
In your question. :unknown:
Well, that's an alternative answer I guess. Actually one would be the dictionary. :p

@Silent Hunter: I'm quite sure it's a river. I have read a similar riddle elsewhere.

Reaction score
alphabravocharlie is ryt!!!!
the riddle says "YOU" drive a bus.......... so when alphabravocharlie reads it it is him!!!!! :lol:

Reaction score
yess its a blackboard..

What five letter word has six left when you take two letters away??

Reaction score
i think i know this one...: SIXTY............. u take away 't' and 'y' and remaining is six... :)

Reaction score
I am always running and never stop or get tired. I have a bank but no money. I have a bed but never sleep. What am I?

Reaction score
u throw away da outside nd cook da inside. Thn u eat da outside nd throw away da inside. What did ya eat? :D

Reaction score
skinnyboyfat said:
u throw away da outside nd cook da inside. Thn u eat da outside nd throw away da inside. What did ya eat? :D
corn on the cob :D

Reaction score
This is a complicated one, lets see who gets it.

There are three prisoners in a jail.
The jailer decides to set free the most intelligent prisoner among them, so he devises a plan.

He have 5 discs, 3 white, 2 black.
He pins a disc behind the back of each prisoner. Now each prisoner can see the disc of other, but cannot see their own disc.
He hides the remaining disc, without the prisoners seeing them.

He then asks the prisoner to tell which disc is pinned behind their back, and give a valid reason for why is it.

In actual, he pins the three white discs, while hiding the remaining 2 black discs.

After half an hour, a prisoner came forward and says his disc is white, and give a reason.

What reason does he gave?

Reaction score
Am bro..

It took me quite a time to figure this one out...
Anyone?

Reaction score
he asked from other prisinors................or may be that he was able to see light reflecting on it? :unknown:

Reaction score
There should be a reason...
These arent possible, and even if it was, what reason would he give to jailor?

Reaction score
Imagine you are the prisoner who figures it out (let's call him p1). Now to figure out whether you have W on your back, assume the opposite, i.e. you have B.

With this assumption, you think, in that case one of the other prisoners p2 sees B and W on the backs of the others. Now when p2 is thinking, he could assume for a minute that he also had B on his back. But in that case, p3 would see two B's and immediately tell the guard he had a W on his back. Therefore, this is impossible and p2 will assume he doesn't have B on his back. Therefore, p2 will know he has W on his back. In which case he would tell the guard he had W on his back.

In either case, one of the other prisoners (p2 or p3) should already have told the guard what they had on their back. But, no one has. This is absurd. Therefore you should discard the assumption that you have B on your back. So, you have W on your back.

Notice, that all prisoners could have applied the same argument. But since you're nerdy enough to visit an academic resource forum, you figure it out first. :p